Skip to content

[Spoilers] On Romances and the new NPCs in BG2

So how far did the romances go for everyone else? To me they felt so short I'm convinced they bugged. For me:

Safana said "Let's make out later" and that was it

Neera: Basically the same as Safana and then I completed her quest. Nothing more.

Viconia: "I hate the darkness" And that's it.

All of these happened in the Underground river.

So is it bugged or is that it?

Are the new NPCs showing up in BG2 and taking the "romances" into account?

Comments

• MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    Corwin seems to be an option as well.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    There you go:

Corwin (for male and female CHARNAME)
    Dorn (for male and female CHARNAME)
    Glint (for male CHARNAME)
    Neera (for male CHARNAME)
    Rasaad (for female CHARNAME)
    Safana (for male CHARNAME)
    Viconia (for male CHARNAME)
    Voghiln (for female CHARNAME)
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    I got some preliminary stuff but I think I went through too quickly to finish the romances. So in that sense, SoD corresponds perfectly to BG2.

I got some preliminary stuff but I think I went through too quickly to finish the romances. So in that sense, SoD corresponds perfectly to BG2.

So, wait, you didn't like having to wait for weirdly timed flags to pop in order to continue the romances?
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    I even fell asleep with the game running all night and no timer triggered any new dialogue.
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    I imagine they are designed to not really be completeable, or feel "completed?" That is what I figured they were going to do - set something up and then be like, whoops BGII interrupted it (if Safana or Corwin, etc.) or be like finished in BGII (Viconia, EE characters, with no acknowledgement of Dragonspear content obv lol).
    Well, that's because you didn't visit the backmost merchant in the smallest shop in Trademeet and buy 3 lemons before you waited the requisite 3 hours until the timer ended.

I haven't progressed far enough in SoD to comment on those yet, but they seem to be major plot movement driven (meaning, Corwin seems to say new stuff in new areas, etc.).
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Is there a list of the Romances in SoD by the way?
    Look at @Aedan post about 6 up from yours.
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Wow I feel foolish now. >.> Thanks for the heads up. :)