Skip to content

How to use the Spectacles of Spectacle...

2»

Comments

• KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Whoever designed this quest was brilliant. It's arguably the most interesting/original quest in SOD! Plus, I love the fact it adds just a hint of Planescape Torment to the mix :P
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    It's worth noting that the last spirit you meet will initiate a dialogue once brought to half health and offer you a gift in exchange for his life. The gift is not really worth it though.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Done and done. :smile: That's the problem with rushing through with the godbow: it allows no time for surrenders. I was bored at this time and used melee before that, so the list shouldn't miss any other of those.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Purudaya said:

Also, @Purudaya

could you tell me, how you convinced the Gauth? Because none of the Dialogue options seemed to do the trick for me, even though I had high charisma.
    I'm not exactly sure what the dialogue tree was, but I ultimately just told him that there were a bunch of Crusaders he could toy with up north instead of attacking me. I was also playing a fighter/mage, so it could be that the dialogue was dependent on my class or intelligence (as a lot of the new ones are in SoD). Sorry I couldn't help you further :(

Can you tell me who you had in your party with the Gauth? I've tried swapping party members around as the leader and I'm not getting that dialogue option at all. He always attacks.
    for me (trying to recreate this) any combination with a mage worked. (Multi- or single-class) Don't know if this is intended behavior, but honestly don't care to much. There's way better options anyway and by sending him north you don't even get his ring (I wonder how a Gauth wears it...).
    I'm assuming you're talking about your own character? I have Dynaheir in the party and it's not checking against her, even if she's the party leader.
    Yes, I did talk about my own character. It's getting stranger by the minute...
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

Purudaya said:

Also, @Purudaya

could you tell me, how you convinced the Gauth? Because none of the Dialogue options seemed to do the trick for me, even though I had high charisma.
    I'm not exactly sure what the dialogue tree was, but I ultimately just told him that there were a bunch of Crusaders he could toy with up north instead of attacking me. I was also playing a fighter/mage, so it could be that the dialogue was dependent on my class or intelligence (as a lot of the new ones are in SoD). Sorry I couldn't help you further :(
    Can you tell me who you had in your party with the Gauth? I've tried swapping party members around as the leader and I'm not getting that dialogue option at all. He always attacks.

I had Minsc, Dynaheir, Glint, Rasaad, and Viconia hanging around me at the time. PC: high charisma fighter/mage.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it – I never saw the Gauth at the end and there are much better options (the Lich and Djinn in particular).
    edited April 2016
    It's something I was curious about. It's good to know the outcomes depending on what class you are.
  • Quill_ArmguardQuill_Armguard Member Posts: 53
    anybody have advice on vidyadhar, the spirit that looks like a rakshasa? So far, nothing seems to damage it.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73

Just incase people are particularly upset about not being able to use the spectacles on everything it is possible to spawn in a set of glasses with more charges:

C:CreateItem("BDMISC01",20)

You sir, are a scholar and a saint.
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Awesome! No need to mess around with variables.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    The only problem with this item (which is great, don't get me wrong) is that you're quite likely to use it on the three first things you encounter and then lose all the rest. Reading walkthroughs to check which choices are most beneficial is meta-gaming to me, and not interesting at all.

So, I got the gauth, the shadow and the djinni, and the greater earth elemental was the first one I missed.

Incidentally, the journal is (once again) wrong with the shadow: when you persuade it to attack the bugbears and the bugbears eventually manage to bring it down, you will get a journal entry saying "I released a shadow, BUT I HAD TO KILL IT in the end." Nope, that's not how it went.
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Yeah, I noticed they did a poor job on the journal. That's just one of MANY incorrect entries I've found so far.
    @Wraith_Sarevok Did you report them? What other examples come to mind?