Skip to content

Polymorph Other. Can we have the same options as Polymrph Self please? Maybe keep the Squirrel too?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
This is most definately a full on WISH feature.

Polymorph Other was a bit of a let down spell to me....

I always wished to turn Khalid into something a little more useful *Har...Har... You should have turned him into a squirrel... very funny...* As I was saying, I would have liked the possibility to turn NPCs into the creature options you recieve from the Polymorph self spell... So, if Garrick was annoying me I would have loved the option to turn him into a Gnoll. Or the chance to turn Tiax into a Mustard Jelly, so he can rule the... Well Jellies... for a time. The Squirrel option was fun... But I would like the spell to have more defensive as well as offensive options.

As I said... This turns the spell into a targetable Ploymorph Self spell... With Squirrel option!

Why can't you Polymorph self into a squirrel? Could be useful to get to hard to reach places... Not that there were any in BG...

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    I don't know about you, but I wish I could turn people into chickens. There is a certain fellow by the name of Kissiq whom I believe would make a perfect target.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @elminster Polymorphism into chicken! Like it! Can't see this feature being put in though. Think it actually be over powered. The mustard jelly is quite useful. Chicken however...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I was thinking purely offensive, but I agree defensive options would add an interesting element to the spell. It would also kind of defeat the purpose of polymorph self however since you could just cast it on yourself.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    For BG2:EE, I think it would be hilarious if they gave Jan a special option to polymorph enemies into turnips.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    And then he picks them up to eat them... cue little turnip-y screams...
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Well, just make it turn them into random critters: Squirrels, Chickens, Mooses etc
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    It would be rather frightening to polymorph your enamy into a moose, those things aren't something to trifle with.