Skip to content

Thank you, Beamdog!

This game is awesome. I find it at times even more immersive than BG2, although of course it's not as big. Certainly better than BG1 and ToB, by far.

You really made me happy. This is the path I want to see future IE games being made.

I will throw you my money for any future project you pop out. Good work guys and gals!
AedanIllustairgugulug5000JuliusBorisovMythagoelminstercraymond727[Deleted User]kaguanawoowoovoodooArdulKavainYupImMadBromlneveseNonnahswriterMortiannaMoradinThrowsShiyParties

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I enjoyed the game as well. I am sure that the developers will appreciate your praise.

If you can take some time to write a review on Steam/GOG/Metacritic, it will be very helpful, since trolls are giving low score to the game because of Mizhena and Minsc's joke line. Thanks :)
    IllustairJuliusBorisovkaguana
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    I did on Steam. I'm just noticing the amount of crap people are throwing around.. it's unbelievable.

Mizhena's line was very natural, didn't feel weird at all for me. Faerun's a place where people can change sex with a spell.. Anyone's read the Elminster book series?

Minsc.. I really don't understand. He's bloody awesome. It's a Minsc on "steroids". And the banter with Dynaheir.. XD

Anyway, I'll do my best to put my review on the most important places.
    Aedan
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    I would not call it natural, I rolled my eyes at how it was done but those fracking 5 seconds of reading that cannot ruin the rest of 25+ hours you get to play this expansion that is otherwise very good.
    People that are bashing this game based on that are either trolling or way overreacting.
    IllustairBelfaldurnik
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    That's because you are putting your personal perspective into it (ie, how you would expect it to be handled in your real life).

Think of it within Faerun.. this is a relatively normal thing! It doesn't have to be the "shameful" thing we made it to be in this shitty Earth.

From outside the setting perspective, I still welcome the writer's attempt to show how a man wanting to be woman can be absolutely normal, to the point of speaking of it to a stranger. It makes you think how fucked up WE are, that are still unable to do it.

It's not like we don't have different characters reacting in different ways to their life experiences. We have the femme fatale, the working woman alone with child, we racist characters as well as empathic, etc.

This is more similar to BG2 than BG1. I think many people are interested on the tactical aspects and they don't want their precious little moral bubbles being pricked, but that's NOT Baldur's Gate, it has never been.
  • MonkeyLungsMonkeyLungs Member Posts: 44
    Thank you Beamdog for all the hard work. I will put reviews up as soon as I am finished, I can't in good conscience review something before I have completed it. And if a game isn't even good enough to finish I don't even bother talking about it.
    kotekoJuliusBorisov
  • AlatanAlatan Member Posts: 6
    Thank you Beamdog! This is a great game worthy of the Bhaalspawn saga. I hope you continue making great games. Dont let the Gibberlings break your spirit!
    kotekogugulug5000JuliusBorisov
  • erica_the_clericaerica_the_clerica Member Posts: 7
    Thanks to all involved at Beamdog- I'm having a blast! It's like coming home. Never thought I'd be adventuring with Minsc and Boo again ........ :-)
    JuliusBorisov
  • shabushabushabushabu Member Posts: 15
    Loving this game !!!!!
    JuliusBorisov
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Yes, thanks to Beamdog. I don't understand how any fan of BG could not enjoy this this. I've only been playing for one evening but I am thrilled and I don't have any real negative comments about it so far. Not even a single bug.

In a way it feels very strange to getinto a storyline between BG1 and BG2 after so long. It's like going back home and finding some rooms you never saw before. Or like being acquainted with a relative you never knew you had.
    JuliusBorisovMortiannaAndrewFoley