Skip to content

Romances for ALL races this time?

Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi y'all! Does anyone know if you will be able to romance, at least with the new NPC's, with any type of race? Not just human, half-elf or elf. Because I've played this game for like a million times and would never do it without a romance option, but am getting kinda sick of playin those races.

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Don't think so. I don't see how a romance with an Orc or a half-Orc could possibly work out, but hey, if that's your kind of thing...
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    how dare you! orcs deserve love too
    hey man thats cool, we don't judge..... much.... spores huh....
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    No! We should toss both that Illithid and that umberhulk out of society for being profane. Because the Book of Boo forbids it and therefore is 100% right.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Am I really reading this? I would like my monsters to continue murderous if you dont mind...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Razor said:

Am I really reading this? I would like my monsters to continue murderous if you dont mind...

SomoneWithABetterUnderstandingOfAncientGreekCanFillThisSpaceInBetterThanICan - ophobe!

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I think you're looking for xenophobe, ajwz.

Which oddly enough ties back in to the Warhammer references we're throwing around this thread.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2012

I think you're looking for xenophobe, ajwz.

Which oddly enough ties back in to the Warhammer references we're throwing around this thread.

Ah, but that's the term frequently used for people hating foreigners.

Come to think of it, If a human eats an elf is this as immoral as canniblism? And if so, what is the word for it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd go with xenophilophobia.
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    I'd like to have Xvarts as a playable race and be able to romance Viconia in BG2.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    I know this tv series with ponies, I think they all respect eachother there, theres no fighting, no shitophobias and they can even reproduce themselves dry so, maybe some of you would like that better than FR. Just saying...
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I want my halfling assassin to be able to romance a half orc :)
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153

Don't think so. I don't see how a romance with an Orc or a half-Orc could possibly work out, but hey, if that's your kind of thing...

If it's the one on Josefine's picture or a pretty female one from skyrim, i'd boink one. :P
  • ETBETB Member Posts: 7
    Just have a doppleganger NPC that will adapt to your PC's desire(s). Problem solved!
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    you're not alone in wanting this. there was a thread about race restriction on romances you should check out:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4450/race-restriction-for-romances/p1
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2012
    Razor said:

I know this tv series with ponies, I think they all respect eachother there, theres no fighting, no shitophobias and they can even reproduce themselves dry so, maybe some of you would like that better than FR. Just saying...

Come on, man. Forgotten Realms is so PG13 it hurts. The only racist people in the entire realms are dwarves, and even they are the "lovable racist" kind.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Adul said:

Razor said:

Come on, man. Forgotten Realms is so PG13 it hurts. The only racist people in the entire realms are dwarves, and even they are the "lovable racist" kind.
    You forget Drows...
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    That hidden elven city in BG2 was pretty hostile to outsiders as I recall.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284

I just think that at least one romance option for each race would be nice. (Did not know about arie and gnomes, thanks for showing me that thread Silence!) Now, I understand totally if the writers of, for an example Jaheira, don't want her romancing anything but humans or elves. It doesn't fit her personality maybe. And who would romance a bundle of muscles (half-orc) who can't say coherent sentances due to low charisma and/or intelligence? So IF they allow other races to romace, there should be some minimun requirments for that, I think.

But isn't one of the new charecters a half-orc? And he will be a romance option, right?
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    For the sake of inclusiveness we need a companion who romances ONLY DWARVES!! (and possibly female gnomes)
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    JosefineS said:

Hi y'all! Does anyone know if you will be able to romance, at least with the new NPC's, with any type of race? Not just human, half-elf or elf. Because I've played this game for like a million times and would never do it without a romance option, but am getting kinda sick of playin those races.

You make an interesting point, but would they even be allowed to change the game that drastically? Besides, I'm all for the "all-race-relationship." However, the races truly are ugly. It would be nice to get same-race-romance. Maybe two dwarfs? Two orcs?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @1130210 In the female-female romance thread, I've been coming up with alternate characters for the game. One is a heavily traumatized Paladin who can romance females of any race. (backstory is... captured by fiends, tortured, fed hallucinogens and told his actions and lack of leadership caused the death of the fighters he was leading.)
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Shandyr said:

KouTheMad said:

Oi, we orkz deserve love.........even if we reproduce via spores.........oh wait wrong franchise.

Speaking of spores...
    How do mushroommen reproduce?
    Urgh.. That made me think of Drizzt encounter with the Myconid (think it's in Sojourn)

Maybe those spores weren't merely means of communication after all........................*gulp*
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2012
    It's my greatest hope that they won't restrict romance by race if they aren't restricting it by gender... at least for one character. With all respect and not wanting to derail the conversation, but the mechanics of it all are pretty different between men and women so I'm guessing at least one character shouldn't care if you're 0.5m tall or 1.5m. If they can make it work regardless of gender, they can make it work regardless of size. :)
    It would be a shame to have Anomen (of all people!) be the most open-minded towards halflings and Aerie towards gnomes.

I'm already planning on trying to woo both Rasaad and Dorn with my extremely alluring female gnome. Hopefully at least one of them won't be able to resist her.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288

hey man thats cool, we don't judge..... much.... spores huh....

Orks in WarHammer 40.000 does indeed reproduce via spores.

Besides, I find it highly discriminating that the rest of the races can't have romances!!!

that is true, we should have more romance options, after all if bhaal can romance a fire giant, then you as his spawn should be able to romance practically anything
    Actually, the wide range of races of all the bhaalspawn kind of reminds me of the discworld hedgehog song.