Skip to content

Bought the game and very excited!

Very excited for like 2 days. After reading the interview the writer gave and the discussion on this forum I've just refunded the game.

As a gay guy from western Europe, I really don't feel like getting preached to in my old school RPG games.
I'm just here for the epic high fantasy adventure and not for the gender politics. I've bought all the re-masters as a convenient excuse to enjoy these games again, but that stops here.

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    I'm sorry to hear that friend. I hope one day you can come back and enjoy what Siege of Dragonspear has to offer. If not then good luck in your continuing adventures in the previous games.
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    It's a shame you feel that way but really this entire thing is wildly overblown. Please reconsider because it's a very fun game and the storyline is interesting. :)
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    The significance of the controversial dialogue, one dialogue mind you, pales in comparison to the roughly 25 hours of gameplay and content. Think of all the mysterious dungeons you could be exploring or the puzzles you could be solving with your character. Why let one line of dialogue define your experience one way or the other?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @MushroomKing SoD is exactly like BG, give it a try!

It's very creative and different in terms of AI to what we have been used to in unmoded BG games, I'm having a total blast with it!

The things you read about can't overshadow the experience of playing it.