Skip to content

Who would love to see a neverwinter nights 2 enhanced edition?

xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Oh YES!! I would love to see a neverwinter nights 2 enhanced edition! I just started playing this game after like years just a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!! I haven't even ran into any crashes and bugs yet which is very refreshing. I love how the classes and gameplay are organized and having the option of prestige classes really gives you something to look forward too late game. So yes I would love to see an enhanced edition of Neverwinter nights 2! :)
  1. Who would love to see a neverwinter nights 2 enhanced edition?138 votes
    1. Neverwinter nights was a fabulous game to play and would love to see it enhanced!
      30.43%
    2. Neverwinter nights was "meh". It was a good game but not something I'd care to see enhanced.
      69.57%

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Would perhaps not call it a fabulous game (but with MotB, then again maybe I would), but there's certainly more potential for an EE here than in the IWD games, imo.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I say leave it and move on.
  • cre100382cre100382 Member Posts: 8
    Neverwinter Nights 1 was a great game, story and mechanics. NWN 2 was great mechanics, but the story was horribly written. I have played through NWN 1 multiple times, but I couldn't play through NWN 2 more than once, though I have tried it several times.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    cre100382 said:

Neverwinter Nights 1 was a great game, story and mechanics. NWN 2 was great mechanics, but the story was horribly written. I have played through NWN 1 multiple times, but I couldn't play through NWN 2 more than once, though I have tried it several times.

Actually I felt entirely the opposite way when it comes to story. Just couldn't maintain interest in NWN1, whereas NWN2 I managed to finished a few times and not feeling too bad about it at all. It'd just need more polish.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    cre100382 said:

Really? I never played nwn quite frankly because I don't like the idea of playing as a solo character in a dnd game. Typically I go for the 2nd game because that's where theres usually more stuff to play with. I'll have to give it a go first chance I get! :)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I didn't care much for either NWN or NWN2 and that's coming from someone who spent a lot of time in their toolsets designing stuff for persistent world projects. I didn't care for their stories much, although I admit I didn't get too far with them. NWN2 was considerably better than NWN, though.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    edited September 2012
    The first time I played it, it was the buggiest game I have ever seen and it annoyed the hell out of me. So in terms of bug fixing yes, but for the rest, what is there that should be enhanced?

Btw, Mask of the Betrayer is one of the best stories I have ever played through (along with PsT). It is true masterpiece, if anything would deserve to be enhanced, it is MotB. But again, what is there to enhance?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Wow its a landslide.
    Shin said:

Would perhaps not call it a fabulous game (but with MotB, then again maybe I would), but there's certainly more potential for an EE here than in the IWD games, imo.

I disagree... While I didn't really get exposed to IWD2 too much, I think IWD1 cries for an enhanced edition. Heck, you could call it the COMPLETE edition, considering the game is so short. I also personally would like to see the expansions re-worked, Trials of the Luremaster was awful.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    Not NWN2, but NWN1 yes please! I would love to see a enhanced edition of that. I'm still playing it almost weekly with some friends of mine :)

I have to say, I didn't like the official story that much, but the modules that people made are stunning (also story wise). I would recommend everybody to play the Prophet saga and the Aielund saga at least once. It's even better when you have a few friends and your role play your part :)
  • I remember only playing NWN, I did not bother with NWN 2. I did not like the first game's plot. Not one bit. When my previous experience with Bioware was the Baldur's Gate series, NWN just felt wrong. The only thing that saved it for me was its on line aspect. Thankfully, there were people who spent time building worlds and storylines that were far better in quality than the official single player stuff.

Besides I don't see the point of enhancing a game which is that "fresh" (in comparison to the classic stuff: BG series, Planescape: Torment, IWD, Fallout series, Wasteland, etc).
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I enjoyed NWN and NWN2, but I do not think it needs to be enhanced. It's still fine and not that old, if you ask me. I'd much rather to see them work on other infinity engine games.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    How about just a NWN3? Rather than this "Neverwinter" thingie.
    Surely it is basic marketing 101 to only issue a press release about a game AFTER you have decided what it is going to be yet.

For the record, I though NWN2 was a pretty good game. A lot of bugs and problems when it first came out though. Some of which persist to this day
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    OP what game are we talking about here, nwn1 or nwn2?

nwn1 is completely multiplayer and is pretty enhanced already where everyone adds something on PWs, just dont play it singleplayer.

nwn2 doesnt need enhancing, its visuals and mechanics are up to date.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Pecca said:

The first time I played it, it was the buggiest game I have ever seen and it annoyed the hell out of me. So in terms of bug fixing yes, but for the rest, what is there that should be enhanced?

Btw, Mask of the Betrayer is one of the best stories I have ever played through (along with PsT). It is true masterpiece, if anything would deserve to be enhanced, it is MotB. But again, what is there to enhance?

What is there to enhance? The camera! That was the worst thing about the NWN2 games. Very awkward.
    enhancing this?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    AHF said:

What is there to enhance? The camera! That was the worst thing about the NWN2 games. Very awkward.

Sure, camera could be better, along with some other stuff. I just don't think that there is enough of it for EE to be worth it.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Pecca said:

AHF said:

Sure, camera could be better, along with some other stuff. I just don't think that there is enough of it for EE to be worth it.
    It wouldn't be tops on my list compared to something like PS:T but I get tired of NWN2 and MOTB simply because of the camera. The game and story are engaging enough for me to want to replay.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I really loved NwN2 and MOB even more. Still, why EE? I mean, the game isn't out of date.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    I would love an enhanced edition of NWN2 if simply because of the fact that so much had to be cut do to time constraints. However it would not be worth it with this "No touching the original content" non-sense. Also they'd have to get the voice-actors back which might prohibit a NWN2:EE being made. Still I'd like to see it.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Would it be necessery?? the game not that old
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    NWN2 is my favorite game with BG1/2. I don't really want an EE (the game is too recent), but an optimized exe, a fix for some persistent bugs and better shadows would be welcome.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    NWN2, as many have stated before me, does not require an enhanced edition. The game is still new enough that most of the "additions" of an EE would be pointless. Fixing some bugs or adding a new camera mode would be nice but that's really more like a mod than an EE type of thing.

NWN1 was a terrible game, the plot of the main story and all of the expansions thereafter were horrible and I found it quite easy to forget that it was even taking place in FR. The whole main character + 1 NPC mechanic from the original campaign was a terrible idea that pretty well is completely against the spirit of DnD as being a cooperative endeavor.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Where is the option that says "this is one of the worst games I ever played?"
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Where is the option that says "this is one of the worst games I ever played?"

Haha, I'm interested to know your reasons.
    I wouldn't say it's the greatest use of the D&D ruleset, and I know it was released with a lot of bugs and compatibility issues, so I could understand being disappointed, but I thought it was certainly enjoyable for a few playthroughs.

I've heard a few people say they really hated it though, and as someone who normally judges games a little harshly, I was wondering why?
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Shin said:

cre100382 said:

Actually I felt entirely the opposite way when it comes to story. Just couldn't maintain interest in NWN1, whereas NWN2 I managed to finished a few times and not feeling too bad about it at all. It'd just need more polish.
    I agree with you. In fact, when I read cre100382's post I re-read it three times to make sure I understood it correctly.

The original NWN had a horrible storyline, especially by Bioware standards. It remains to this day my least favorite Bioware game. If not for quality fan-made content, it would've been a waste of money for me. NWN2 seemed significantly more engaging. It was a better single player game as far as I'm concerned.
    Guys, NWN1 is an online game, online you have full groups, amazing custom made modules, balance tweaks, pvp, chat, trading, crafting etc, all based on 3.0ed rules. In a sense NWN1. is the best implementation of tabletop games Bioware ever made, you truly have other people to adventure with. Playing it offline however is like mastru.. jer.. ehh.. having sex without a woman. Or maybe with another man. Dont do that.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @ajwz Hard for me to recall and put into words well (sorry, I'm rubbish :P) I really liked character creation in that game, it made me excited for the rest of it and I went through character creation many times!

I don't want to play it again to try and figure it out.. I was left with the following sentiments however, this I do remember.

"All these graphics, classes, races.. But it is so boring, whatever they got right in the 2D isometric forbears, is missing from this." I still play Baldurs gate, Icewind dale, their gameplay is fun for me and it frustrates me that I know the content so well, I just want somebody to make something new where the game plays in the same way.

Is it just me or were the NPCs in NWN2 just appallingly cliche?

I started playing mass effect(2) recently, I immediately started comparing it with NWN2, I don't know why, probably because I've seen it mentioned around here so much. Alot of the things done badly in NWN2 - the composition in the dialogue scenes, characterisation, were done really well in mass effect, and I'm enjoying a lot of it.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Lol I'm shocked that so many people disagree that there should be an enhanced edition for nwn2. True the game is not that old but it could use some more features like for one more character faces and hair. The half elf faces need some serious work as all of them look like dorky hobbits. Some of the characters in-game can be kind of annoying like Neeshka the tiefling thief. Hearing her voice makes me want to choke her to death!! I don't see anything wrong with the storyline however. I haven't beaten it yet but I've gotten really far and so far I really liked the story.

Lots of people say that there's a really amazing game awaiting in nwn2 so why not make that great game with an enhanced edition? Would be something worth thinking about....
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Now now now... don't get so rushed, we just barely have BGEE yet :P (Not saying this is a bad idea)
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2012
    Neverwinter Nights 2 Camera That Doesn't Hate The Players and Stops Making Them Want To Kill Themselves - edition would make a nice start. Iirc graphics of this game were perfectly fine.. it's just impossible to see or do anything because previously mentioned loathing of me by camera.

..Every 2 years or so I do some google/forum searching hoping against hope someone had made mod or somesuch that fixes the camera properly. Have never found one.

It pisses me off to some degree; I've heard there are some awesome community created mods out there..and apparently MotB is indeed pretty awesome. Would be grand to see these. It puzzles me, how do people play through this content? I'm sure nobody lacking serious desire to self harm is willing to use NWN2's camera?
    Post edited by Stradlin on