Skip to content

Speaking with Charmed Creatures

2»

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Good news is... this may now be finished or largely finished by release after all. :-) Speaking with Charmed Creatures, that is, not nonviolently getting the Chap 3 Narration that says, "With the death of Mulahey..."
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    I've had a tendency to force attack all of my little charmed sods and make the sods cast all sorts of crazy spells at crazy targets (like themselves).
    Bhryaen
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    Your enthusiasm is cool, but look at the poster immediately before you...

...he wrote that patch :)
    BhryaenDeeAvenger_teambg
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    hehehe... And he's on the Beta Team...

If it were as simple as tossing in a patch, it would've been done already... Just ask @cmorgan who has been doing the lion's share of the work plodding through the Charm dialog rework...
  • GotNoUsernameGotNoUsername Member Posts: 49
    I tried the patch with the TUT and Triology patch and it works or seem to work I'm not trough the game yet

@cmorgan ups my bad didn't realize that but good perhaps he can help than ^^
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

@Bhryaen
    I see what you mean about implementing Mulahey's charm dialogue, given that he has to die for the subsequent narration and dream sequence to make sense. One way of dealing with this would perhaps be that if charmed, Mulahey could deliver his charm dialogue and then overcome the charm for some reason and attack.

The problem with this solution is that it would require a new line of dialogue when Mulvahey "snaps out of" the charm and it would mean that the duration of the charm effect would be inconsistent with how it operates elsewhere in the game.

Not as inconsistent as you think. :) This solution was actually used for Nimbul, the assassin who attacks you just outside Nashkel Inn. He has my favorite charm dialogue in the whole game:

Now isn't this strange, you are now my friend! This is quite the predicament; I've been hired to kill you, yet now I love you. What am I to do? I know......I know! I will tell you want you want to hear, and then I shall kill you. Does this satisfy you? No matter, let me begin: Once their [sic] were three pigs who had built a house of iron. This house had brought them fortune and comfort, but it was now threatened by the big bad wolf! So the three pigs hired out a small man named Nimbul. 'Nimbul' they said 'You must kill this wolf for us. If you do this, you will be given much gold to line your pockets.' So Nimbul set out to kill the wolf, but then something happened that he never expected: Nimbul fell in love with the wolf! So now, to Nimbul's sorrow, he must carry out this order and end the wolf's life. Good bye!

Then he turns red and attacks. You must kill him...so sad.
    mister_ennuilolienHaHaCharade
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    @Jalily

Well spotted. I didn't know about Nimbul's charm dialogue.
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    I don't suppose there is any word on whether the charm dialogue will be working in BG:EE on release?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Some NPCs talk after being charmed in BG2, I charmed Aran Linvail (with a Charm Air Elemental ring) because of my anger of the bug "Someone" appears to be busy and, I talked to him and he just say me to go to Spellhold, and, really, he turned Hostile in the middle of the dialog with Saemon H. and a party of Arkanis gaths attaked my in the ship, and killed Ano(men :P) and CHARNAME then.
    lolien