Skip to content

Lack of reviews in gaming media, why?

2»

Comments

• InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179

To casual readers, this is code for "GamerGate will viciously attack any site that dares to review the game we are currently targeting."

Both sides will attack the reviews, most likely, depending on the number alone. As I have been suggested to do by a friend, I think others are waiting to give a review until this shitstorm is a mere shitpuddle.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Ye I think its mostly likely due to them only getting copies on Friday. I doubt they really care much about GG.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think the reviews are behind due to all the VR stuff that has come out in the past week. VR is the hot new topic, all review sites what to get there say about it as early as they can.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231

I have seen enough attacks on non-PC views to know that in many cases it is just the politics that counts, and so content is largely irrelevant to merit (or, rather, 'merit is politics; politics is merit' type of thinking).

I don't understand what you are saying here, so I'm not sure how or whether it refutes that GamerGate is a bad actor here.

I'm trying to think of an example (I don't follow video games - as evidenced by the fact that the one I play is 15 years old :tongue: ) ... wasn't there a game that came out a few years ago that had the player plays as terrorists, trying to massacre civilians in an airport or something? And the game came under heavy fire from people who disapproved.

But, the review sites that wrote stuff like "aside from the part where you play as a terrorist, the mechanics and gameplay and visuals are incredibly good..." the game was criticized, but those review sites were not attacked.

Whereas here, GamerGate tries to shut down reviews of the game even when they are perfectly valid and discuss aspects of the game that are uncontroversial. And GamerGate has suggested that they are not above using nefarious means to press their agenda.
    I think that was one of the COD games, iirc you had to infiltrate a terrorist group and that was one of the missions.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

reviews for the game are going to be a huge embarrassment when people realize how homophobic and how Ted Cruz-iness our fan base is.

I don't get the impression this has anything to do with the actual fan base. We're too busy enjoying the game...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So far, the official reviews have been only positive. And our fan base is a lot better that what @ojthesimpson "described".
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Yes those people posting fake reviews are not real fans.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Let's please not bring that up again...
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

@Wanderon

Because those games are not smack bang in the middle of the mother of all flame wars, maybe?

Right - like flame wars over new games are something new?? This is just one more case of crap being blown out of all proportion on the internet or in todays media....... yawn...