Skip to content

2.0 when?

Call me selfish, but I wanted it two days ago.

I want to start an evil run with a Shaman, Skald, Barbarian, Priest of Tempus, Blackgaurd and a mage/thief.

So when do you think it'll be possible for me to start this play through?
RodrianmashedtaterszealotjackjackNimran

Comments

• saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    This would be great. No class fits so well in the IWD setting as the Shaman does.
    semiticgoddess
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited April 2016
    @saox: The Undead Hunter fits pretty well too, as does the Priest of Tempus... :)
    dok0zhivagoGodsemiticgoddess
  • DarkmaekoDarkmaeko Member Posts: 66
    hopefuly soon want to do some iwd playthoughs now that beat dragonspear
  • SardocSardoc Member Posts: 16
    As much as I'd like to have IWD patched to 2.0, I'll need to say "when it's ready, please". They need to iron out the bugs.

A new difficulty level was introduced, Legacy of Bhaal, which is the same thing as IWD's Heart of Fury. The problem is, the difficulty level resets every single time you load the game. It cannot be changed without turning the entire game off and launching it again. So yeah, they absolutely need to sort this out before IWD gets patched.

Then I read all this stuff about multiplayer being unplayable and spells crashing the game. I'd rather have these bugs resolved.
    dok0zhivagoUmar_Slobberknocker
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    That is kinda why I am asking when? What is the time line? Patch for SoD first, then IWD or both at the same time or what?
    Sardoc
  • SardocSardoc Member Posts: 16
    Right. I heard the next update for BG1 and 2 was scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday the 14th. I don't know if it's been confirmed or if that's only a rumor, haven't lurked around the forums long enough yet. So maybe IWD won't be long after that one. Fingers crossed, because the changes have potential.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    IWD will be getting the same new sprites as the new BG expansion pack?
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Icewind Dale will be updated to 2.0 to match BG1 and BG2. If that includes the sprite changes, then yeah.
    mashedtaters
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2016
    I think it will happen in n days.
    Insultionrapsam2003
  • Umar_SlobberknockerUmar_Slobberknocker Member Posts: 19
    I didn't realize there was that much of a difference from 1.4 to 2.0. I had played BG years ago when it first came out so I purchased IWD. I started getting my sister into the game and decided that we should start at the beginning so I purchased BGEE for her and myself. Now that I see all of the enhancements I'm just astounded by how great it looks! Now I understand why you're asking for IWD in 2.0. I'm going to hold off playing IWD and just focus on BGEE and BG2EE. I'm really hoping to that'll see IWD in 2.0 soon... and maybe an IWD2EE?
    Riderat
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2016
    no iwd2ee thou. If I understand it correctly, the game engine is completely different from previous games and Beamdog want's to focus on their own projects. Would be really cool to see it enhanced though.

I also like the progress in BGEE with all the graphics and gameplay improvements. Simply a good looking game.
    I was just reading on wiki that IWD2 uses the same Infinity engine that BG, BG2 and IWD all use. Surly IWD2 could be done.
    semiticgoddess
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

I was just reading on wiki that IWD2 uses the same Infinity engine that BG, BG2 and IWD all use. Surly IWD2 could be done.

IWD2 ALSO uses the 3E ruleset. So, that means, while it could be done, the code base for IWD2 would be different. The plan for all EE versions of all 3 games is to have the same base code, which...of course, only BG1, SoD, & BG2 EE versions share the same code now.
    semiticgoddess
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136

of course, only BG1, SoD, & BG2 EE versions share the same code now.

And iwdee as well
    Riderat said:

of course, only BG1, SoD, & BG2 EE versions share the same code now.

And iwdee as well
    No, IWDEE is NOT up to parity with those 3 yet. 2.x changes have NOT been moved over to the IWDEE.
    I know it will take some work on Beamdogs' part but I've already purchased two of their enhanced editions. If IWD2 is added to their catalog I WILL purchase it. That's all I can say.
    GrumSelaboc[Deleted User]semiticgoddess
  • VulchorVulchor Member Posts: 9
    Have I missed some update somewhere explaining the progress or hold up for this release? I'm not trying to sound impatient, I'm just curious as to the progress of patch 2.0 for IWDEE. I would love some more information if there's been a blog post or forum chatter on anything regarding this.
    Sssiksseilorlegotaksin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Pteran

I assume they are dealing with all of the bugs and feature requests etc. for the 2.0 series in the BG games, and then once it's a good stable release (2.4 or 2.5 or whatever) then they'll port the full update to IWDEE - and to the tablet versions of BG/BG2.

Adding to this...

As someone who has ported apps from one platform to another a few times, it's not as simple as just "moving" it over to the other platform. People don't understand there's always significant differences between platforms, like hardware or how different OS's do things. These are all major things, that requires platform-specific changes in the code. Because IWDEE has a different spell system and many other differences from the way BG1/2 works, all those differences need to be considered. So, be patient. I'm sure we would rather that Beamdog "get it right" than give us a buggy IWDEE 2.x release.
  • Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    So, any information when 2.0 will be announced? It looks like BEAMDOG just abandoned this game. Can we have at least some info if you are planning to release an update, and if so, then when?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Wagner235 said:

So, any information when 2.0 will be announced? It looks like BEAMDOG just abandoned this game. Can we have at least some info if you are planning to release an update, and if so, then when?

I wouldn't use the word abandoned. IWD is their most polished release and really doesn't need to be updated.

I would be nice to get some 2.0 features in it though.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    As I said in another topic. I guess that there has to be some more fixing done with regards to the engine before IWD:EE gets the 2.0 treatment.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I'm waiting for 2.0 to come out before I buy it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.