Skip to content

Game won't load crash error, BG:EE

Hey all I get the following message when I try to boot up BG:EE after buying Siege Of Dragonspear;

There was an error. A crash report was saved to:

c:\Users\Documents\Infinity Engine-Enhanced Edition\crash\dump.2.0.62.2.0004.dmp

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game, I have the steam version. So I deleted all local content, uninstalled and redownloaded and still get the same error.

I have Windows 7 home premium if that helps any.

Comments

• xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    *bump*
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    I have submitted a ticket, ran all the troubleshooting steps for game crash on the support site, and zipped up the crash file and sent it in the bug ticket.

Please if anyone can look at this I am dying to play!
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2016
    If you have any mods installed to the games installation directory, the option to delete the local game cache will not remove all game data. Make sure the Override folder is deleted and then verify the integrity of your game cache.
  • majorjackmajorjack Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    I have the non steam version and the same issue on my laptop, while both my PCs start the game fine. I also sent in the error log, but got no answer yet. The laptop won't start BG:EE and SoD.
    It's a fresh install and I never had any mods installed.

Edit:
    I just tried switching to the built in nvidia card and now it works.
    Thus the issue seems to be related to the Intel graphics chip (at least for me). (Asus UL30VT Laptop).
    Post edited by majorjack on
  • chichi32310chichi32310 Member Posts: 17
    I just got baldurs gate 2 enhanced and got c:\users\owner\documents\infinity engine-enhanced edition\crash\dump.2.3.67.2.0001.dmp I have windows 7 and plenty of GB I don't know what to do has this problem been fixed
    do you need steam to play it??
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    You need Steam to play it if you bought the game on Steam. If you bought the game directly from Beamdog you could either use Beamdog's game client or a direct installer. Or if you bought the game from GoG, that website should have the install files.
    I even tried deleting it and re downloading it with the beamdog dowmnload tool still doesn't work wounder if the original shadow of aman would work its probably not as good but ill take what I can get if I cant get this thing to work
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    If you purchased through the Beamdog store, you don't need Steam to play the game.

Could you
    - Zip and attach the latest dmp file
    - Attach a dxdiag.txt report (Windows/R, type dxdiag, click ok, let it run, click save all information)

Thanks