Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] BG:EE Chargen Abilities Screen - show stored values and simple auto roller.

2»

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 635
    @AncientCowboy Any chance you'd incorporate this into EEUI Tweaks?

I tried to install it on the EET SoD UI but just copying the content changes the position of the +- buttons. There are also other differences I didn't quite know how to deal with.

Thanks.

• AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    I'll take a look at it when I get a chance - and see if I can spot the problem. As a general rule I avoid 'modding the mod' for the mods I put in EEUITweaks (other than my own, of course :smile: ) - generally I just fiddle with installation order, determine what components should be installed for different configurations, and discover mods that conflict. However, this might be something fairly trivial...

@GrimLefourbe - After resetting my EET GUI to SOD flavor (I normally run it with BG2 UI), and finalizing, I pasted the relevant parts from the SOD zip into UI.MENU (following the manual install instructions in the OP). It seemed to work okay. A bit more 'sluggish' in terms of response to button click than when I set it up in 'pure' BGEE/SOD (not surprising considering what EET is), but otherwise seemed to be okay. Details - EET version 1.0RC6.3, SOD version 2.3.67.3
    Picture:

Did you have any other UI.MENU mods installed? Particularly related to character gen?

edited October 2016
    I don't think so except that the EET version used was RC7.1. I'll try to find you a screenshot in an hour or so.

Edit : Well I don't have access to the computer right now so can't give you a screenshot unfortunately.

Post edited by GrimLefourbe on
    Updated to EET RC7.1 (knew I'd need to anyway for the next EEUITweaks version), setup SOD gui, manually patched UI.MENU. Worked fine.
    For anyone doing this - be very careful with the CHARGEN_ABILITIES replacement. Replace ONLY the menu definition (not the Lua code block that precedes it) and be sure to include the new LUA code block as in the listing/zip. Effectively, you'll be inserting a new LUA block before CHARGEN_ABILITIES and overwriting the old CHARGEN_ABILITIES menu definition with a new CHARGEN_ABILITIES definition.
    @Faydark - May I include this in EEUITweaks?

Axie
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 276
    @AncientCowboy Well I guess I must have messed up somewhere, my brother had no good text editor on his computer so I was a bit confused. Thanks for the integration into EEUITweaks!

@GrimLefourbe - One of my primary motivations for EEUITweaks was to save my 'Ancient Eyes' and 'Ancient Muscle (non)Control' from the error-prone hassle of manual patching :smile: . Hopefully I'll get time to drop the next release (which will include this) later this week.

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,197
    Since this seems to be the only autoroller compatible with LeUI, are there any plans to incorporate some kind of priority for exceptional strength? I know BG1 adds a Strength book, but that's quite far into the game, and I personally rather have a higher exceptional Strength during most of BG1 than, say, a higher Intelligenge during the entire saga.

The easiest would probably be to allow the user to set minimum exceptional strength to 01, 51, 76, 91 or 00, and discard any rolls with a lower exceptional strength.

Alternatively, users could be allowed to set bonus values for exceptional strength ranges, something along the lines of:
    51-75 (default +1)
    76-90 (default +1)
    91-99 (default +1)
    00 (default +2)
    Then when a roll has an exceptional strength of 51 or higher, it adds the bonus value for that exceptional strength to the total rolled value. Say you'd leave them to the above details, and you've saved a roll of 86 total with Strength 18/40. Then if a roll of 85 total has a Strength of 18/80, it artificially adds the bonus for 76-90 (which defaults to +1), making it count as a total of 86, and thus replaces the old stored value as the exceptional strength is higher.

The reason behind the above default values is that THAC0 increases at 18/51 and 18/00, making those steps more important than 76 and 91.

• KefkalKefkal Member Posts: 1
    How would you set this up in EET using lefreut's BG1EE UI? EEUI-tweaks sets it up with the standard BGII UI which causes a mismatch like the one in Mr2150's post.

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,234
    @Kefkal this will be fixed in the next EEUITweaks release :)

Kefkal
  • AxieAxie Member Posts: 17

Melicamp said:

N00B question incoming - will this work with IWD:EE as well?

it won't
    Would it be too much work to change it so it could work on IWDEE?

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 276
    I haven't looked into it myself, it would depend on if IWDEE supports the "easily" moddable UI system that the BG games have now. If I get some time, I may look into it. No promises on a timeline though, I have less time lately for modding than I would like.

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,110
    @Axie, what is it you are chasing? If it is the Autoroller itself, then the EEUITweaks version of @Faydark 's Autoroller has already been updated to work with IWDEE 2.5. I would, of course, opt for the later version which I think is v3 at the moment. It works well.

Gus

Faydark
2»