Skip to content

theoretical question ....

how hard would it be to make a functional camera lock-to-player/npc mod. just so we are clear i would not be making this mod. I think that it would be difficult to make this as it has yet to be done.

this feature appears to be restricted to events such as the "gorion death" scene in the beginning and the "garrick stroll" scene in Beregosk and as well as numerous others throughout the series.

Comments

• crazyhomelessguycrazyhomelessguy Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    cmon somebody placate me... okay... how long would it take with virtually no experience in making mods would it take to make this. I'm talking all the way from learning the basics to actually producing?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I was thinking that might be possible to emulate by constantly clicking on the character Icon but that would be unpractical at best. (maybe the UI.menu allows that?)
    Actually, I tried, it looks possible but it's not smooth at all. Maybe some optimisation could solve that, but right now it doesn't look cool.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    LockScroll() and UnlockScroll() are the actions you want.
    Add them to whatever script your characters use, but you will have to assign a hotkey to switch it between characters, I don't think there is any trigger to detect which character is currently selected.
    I don't know how it will interact with cutscene's though.
    @kjeron Could the LockScroll function be used in the UI.menu? Where can I find a doc for that kind of things ?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited April 2016
    @GrimLefourbe Those are script actions. All you need is there http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/

But as said before this is more engine-related than anything mods can do... the LockScroll() scripting thing doesnt seem really viable to me.
    what im looking for is a smooth animation, i notice when i hold the number key either the pc or npc's tend to jitter around.
    kind of gives off a queasy effect :\