Skip to content

Unseeing Eye - bug?

(very light spoilers)

I just started my first playthrough of BG2EE after many of the default game. Upon visiting the Temple district for the first time, I had the encounter with Gaal where he has that long dialog with the peasants and they follow him to the sewers. Usually after this conversation I'm approached by one of the good-aligned temple priests to find out the problem (Helm usually, or Lathander if as a Good priest). But no one wants to talk to me this time. Dawnmaster Kreel just walks away - if I try to talk to him it gives the busy message. I've checked in both the temples and no one seems to want to give me this quest.

Am I doing something wrong? Did EE change how this quest starts? It seems like a bug but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Anyone have a similar trouble?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    Do you use SCS? I recall hearing that this is a bug with SCS...
  • erroniuserronius Member Posts: 28
    I do have a partial install of SCS. It didn't seem to fully install correctly. I also am running Ascension, Item Upgrade mod, and the G3 tweaks.

Whatever this is from, does anyone know of a workaround? I'm perfectly comfortable with the console. So far I have felt unable to visit the temple district at all because I know in a lot of circumstances like these, the workaround becomes much more complicated after you miss the initial trigger.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited April 2016
    Try going into the temples and talking to the priests. Maybe one will pick up the unseeing eye quest.

edit: nm it seems i missed that part of your post where you already did that.