Skip to content

M'Khiin Sprite and Paperdoll

Hello to everyone i was wondering what do you think about Goblin look.

Lurking the forum i don't find any complaints about this.
The character sprite and paper doll do not change no matter what would you equip the goblin.
Personally i don't know what to think, to make all alternatives of items would be extremely time-consuming and it seems futile to do this olny for one NPC. But the perspective will be different if one was waiting to play goblin character.

Comments

• EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    M'Khiin has three sprites by the way. Her normal look, shaman and a warrior one!
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I was really disappointed by that. Either do it right, or forget about goblin NPC and don't do it at all...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    That bothered me too, also some of her weapon animations where glitchy (i.e. her sprite would show a throwing axe even though she'd be using a bow). But it's a small issue, there are more glaring ones that need be fixing first, imo :/
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I mean, is it ideal? Obviously not. But she's a goblin, and she's the only playable goblin. I don't particularly mind that she doesn't have sprites for every equipment combination.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    @Jarrakul Having a goblin NPC is huge! Why make such a great event worse, by not giving her fully realized visuals? I still had her trough all of my SoD playtrough and enjoyed her really much, but it's just disappointing.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    Knowing Beamdog and their works in the past, we might get a fully working goblin sprite in the future. It's a matter of desire from our side.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Escarche said:

M'Khiin has three sprites by the way. Her normal look, shaman and a warrior one!

Really? in my case whatever i gave her the look don't change. Maybe i have bug,must try some more items to be 100% sure.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    @MateoFrozen It's depending on a Warrior Armor/Axe or Shaman Robe/Stuff from her own quest.

Edit: Actually, I checked and it seems that your look doesn't actually change with Warrior Armor/Axe. Kinda shame, really. Thought it would change her skin to a Cheftain one. Here is shaman:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/458614058553213740/943770A5B7BA2EB17E10FF828A9AC1A8DBFCEDA8/
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    zupsky said:

@Jarrakul Having a goblin NPC is huge! Why make such a great event worse, by not giving her fully realized visuals? I still had her trough all of my SoD playtrough and enjoyed her really much, but it's just disappointing.

Because it's a lot of work for the devs, just for one NPC. All else being equal, I'd love to see her get full animations, but all else wouldn't be equal. I understand and respect if goblin animations are higher priority for you if they are for me, but that they would come at a cost in terms of content or debugging in other areas. Whether that's worth it is harder to pin down, since everyone had their own opinions.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I was bothered by it as well, not sure how difficult it would be to alter her sprite, but she's also super slow walking speed, which i'm sure is addressed, was annoying as well
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Honestly, if they were going to go through the trouble of creating a Goblin NPC to begin with, the race should have been opened to the PC with the 2.0 patch to BG1 and BG2.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited April 2016
    Philhelm said:

Honestly, if they were going to go through the trouble of creating a Goblin NPC to begin with, the race should have been opened to the PC with the 2.0 patch to BG1 and BG2.

Well, Bioware didn't do that with drow, avariel, or tieflings, and Beamdog didn't make bears a PC available race, either.

And Bioware neglected to make a sprite for female wizard gnomes (gave them with the male wizard dwarf sprite).
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    That bothered me a bit also. And her portrait shows she has hair while the sprite is bald. Like a reverse Minsc or Rasaad situation.

Speaking of lazy sprites another thing that always bothered me is that a character with a shield will always have the shild toward the viewer. In the old original BG1 they had different sprites for when you were walking left or right (but not in BG2 or subsequent versions).