Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear *minor spoilers*

Hello, I just got Edwin in Siege of Dragonspear.

Is there any reason why he's level 1? That doesn't seem right, at all.

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    He isn't supposed to be lvl 1, he should have 64k exp and then be given enough to be close to your charname's level.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    1130210 said:

Did you add Edwin to your group in BG but later kick him out? That will lock characters into whatever level they were when you kicked them out.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Edwin was lvl 8 when I recruited him in Dragonspear
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    illathid said:

1130210 said:

Did you add Edwin to your group in BG but later kick him out? That will lock characters into whatever level they were when you kicked them out.
    okay, yeah I did recruit him for a bit in BG1. aw that's crap.. :neutral:
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    When Edwin joins the party, he should receive XP bonus to match (roughly) that of the protagonist. E.g. if your character has 161k-200k XP, and you encounter a level 1 Edwin, then upon joining his XP should be set to 161k, allowing him to instantly raise his level to 9. Did it not happen in your game?
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    1130210 said:

illathid said:

1130210 said:

okay, yeah I did recruit him for a bit in BG1. aw that's crap.. :neutral:
    He will level pretty fast. Just leave him at the beginning of maps for a little while and you should be alright. Alternatively, you can use EEKeeper and set his XP to 161,000.
    Ardanis said:

When Edwin joins the party, he should receive XP bonus to match (roughly) that of the protagonist. E.g. if your character has 161k-200k XP, and you encounter a level 1 Edwin, then upon joining his XP should be set to 161k, allowing him to instantly raise his level to 9. Did it not happen in your game?

Hi Ardanis,

No that didn't happen. I was playing Baldur's Gate EE, and I got Edwin in my party for a moment because I just wanted to see if he had any items (potions ect..) that I could take.

Then I got rid of him almost immediately.

I found him in SoD, and he was simply level 1.
    Interesting, could you have somehow broken the script by kicking him from your party before he got the exp?

On the 2.0 patch, edwin is supposed to get exp when you meet him in bg1 too, however it seems to take a few seconds to trigger so if you only had him in your team for 2 sec it might have not triggered?

Interesting, could you have somehow broken the script by kicking him from your party before he got the exp?

On the 2.0 patch, edwin is supposed to get exp when you meet him in bg1 too, however it seems to take a few seconds to trigger so if you only had him in your team for 2 sec it might have not triggered?

Okay, I'll try re-adding him and seeing if I can't get it to trigger after a moment of having him in my party.
    Hi,

That didn't seem to work. I just ended up going on without him.
    Yeah, it seems it's a bug they are working on solving :

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52691/khalid-jaheira-levels#latest