Skip to content

Is there a mod that lets you continue to gain XP as a Fallen class?

Topic title says it all.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    I don't have much experience with Fallen Rangers/Paladins, but I was always under the impression that you continue to progress in XP, only as a stripped-down Fighter without access to R/P abilities.
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161

I don't have much experience with Fallen Rangers/Paladins, but I was always under the impression that you continue to progress in XP, only as a stripped-down Fighter without access to R/P abilities.

So for example, my Inquisitor would lose all his Kit bonuses?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Yes. You'd be a simple kit-less Fighter without any abilities or bonuses from your fallen class. Not sure if you follow the Fighter xp table, though, or continue on the R/P one. My guess is the latter.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    That is correct. You lose all special perks and abilities from your class/kit. You're basically a slower leveling Fighter once you fall. Unfortunately there is no way to restore your status either.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Pteran said:

That is correct. You lose all special perks and abilities from your class/kit. You're basically a slower leveling Fighter once you fall. Unfortunately there is no way to restore your status either.

Not true, I think you can regain classes in BG2 by completing your stronghold quests but only as a one-time thing.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2016
    One thing's for sure–even though you become more like a vanilla fighter, you still won't be able to put more than two pips in any weapon proficiency.
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    Well damn. All the "good" type casters in BG2 are multiclassed so they level like crap. I wanted Edwin.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    You can easily have Edwin in your party without dumping your Rep down the gutter and falling.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Pteran said:

Yes, this. You still use the XP progression and weapon prof table (no grandmastery for you!) of your original. You can, however, restore paladin/rangerhood via the console.

Well damn. All the "good" type casters in BG2 are multiclassed so they level like crap. I wanted Edwin.

You can also use mods to help keep a mixed party, e.g. Tweaks has a lot of options for stopping party fights and/or NPCs leaving due to rep.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Nalia is dual-classed. She levels like a single-classed mage, since that is her active class. The same for Imoen.