Skip to content

Exactly what "rebalances" have been made to BG1 and BG2 through the EE?

Item changes, spell changes, class changes, etc. Is there a list somewhere?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Most if not all spells use bg2 versions where applicable.

In bg1:ee, magical arrows and bolts use bg1 damage values:acid arrows do 2-12 extra damage, magical arrows do their enchantment bonus damage.
    In bg2:ee, magical arrows are nerfed:acid arrows do 1-3, magical arrows lack damage bonus.
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    Oh yeah I noticed that one when I was looking at the arrows in BG2... I was like why are they weaker? And I still don't know why they would've changed that. There's enough to learn as it is without the same things becoming different from one game to the next.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Wait what? They nerfed the arcane class?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    No, they nerfed archery. Which, in all honesty, was/is godly strong in the first game. Arcanists are still as flimsy the first couple of levels and absolute gods once they hit their stride.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I could be wrong, but I'm about 99% sure that the archery nerfs were in the original games, and not anything done by Beamdog.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Pteran is right, the archery change was made in the original BG2, it's not related to the EE.

There are even mods that make it so the arrows in BG1 replicate their BG2 counterparts, I think this is an SCS component or a BG2Tweaks one.