Skip to content

Bolt of Polymorphing

I did it, I finally found one... on my Solo Sorcerer playthrough.
Oh well.

Comments

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    wow - who would have thought it. Where did you find it? I''ve heard of the wand of polymorphing but a bolt from a crossbow that does it - wow.

But you found a bolt - one bolt - can you even fire it as a solo sorcerer or well it be a souvenir?
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2016
    I'll hold onto it probably, even though I can't take it with me to 2 I'll have it during the expansion,
    I found it on the female Duke after Dopplegangers ripped her apart.
    That fight was surprisingly very very difficult to win and then accuse Sarevok of his crimes keeping either of the Dukes alive.
    I had to try a couple of times and she only dropped it once, she also dropped 2 of the 3000gp necklaces and a different time dropped a wand of frost.
    So it's definitely in the random loot rewards list but I don't know who else could possibly drop one.

Such a shame too because I would have loved to have turned Sarevok into a squirrel.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2016
    I've seen it drop from an ogre mage, so I'd guess it's from the highest random treasure, the one with lareal's necklaces and such.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Not sure exactly where it came from but I've definitely had a bolt of polymorphing as a random treasure obtained before the bandit camp. I remember this as Garrick shot Taugosz and turned him into a squrrel.

They are pretty rubbish really as anyone worth using it on will have a good AC and saving throws so you will probably miss the shot or the target will make his save.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    They are a very rare drop, but can be dropped by any tier of treasure.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,028
    I once had two drop (separately) in the early game to a Dwarven bounty hunter that was in fact also using crossbows. It was a glorious moment :) I treasured those special bolts all through the game, finally shooting them at the top of the Iron Throne tower.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Does it have the same effect as the Wand of Polymorphing? or is it like a 100% chance on hit or something.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    I need to find this bolt, ain't going to be in one of those "got nothing to do periods" for some time, I got a new life goal.

Be right back.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    00zim00 said:

Does it have the same effect as the Wand of Polymorphing? or is it like a 100% chance on hit or something.

It is a 100% chance on hit. Comparing the bolt to the wand I see that the bolt lacks some of the opcodes that the wand has. Probably a bug...
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    But you still need to hit the target for it to take affect - I tried using an arrow of dispelling and lets just say if you don't hit - it doesn't work - and those things are expensive to buy.