Skip to content

A question about a certain Helmet in the game [SoD Spoilers];

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
So, Ashatiel has wings, since she's an Avariel.
These are attached to her via the unremovable Headgear item she possesses (Use of Ctrl+Q will show this).

The question I have - is there anyway to get it to be visible on other characters?
After some quick, not very deep, fiddling around with Ashatiel's item BDERINYE,
[and also creating a clone copy of my own to customize], equipping it on and off Ashatiel seems to work just fine, however if I put the item onto anyone else, it does not show the wings.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Only works on elf models.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited April 2016
    I assumed that was the case, but... My character *is* using the Elf model.

I wouldn't bother putting Wings onto any other Race, personally, since I only want to make an Avariel. [Roleplay~]

If need be, I can set-up a video of what I did should it be required, I only made my own version & also tried using the original to no avail via EEKeeper.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Could you mark down which game it's a spoiler for? :smile:
    Uhhh... Why...?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Uhhh... Why...?
    People might be comfortable with spoilers about BG:EE but not BG:SoD.

(For those who are curious, this particular item is in BG:SoD.)
    edited April 2016
    Why would the content of the Spoiler matter if it's been tagged as a Spoiler?

How should this be my issue if I've mentioned, twice, that it's a Spoiler.
    Not to mention this is tripled, since the General Discussion Forum contains Spoilers.
    It has been noted enough times that there could be Spoilers in this Thread.
    If people read a spoiler, it's... Ya'know... A possible Spoiler, and on them if they open it carelessly.
    Also, how would anyone know exactly what I'm talking about and which game it's from, in this case, if they haven't already witnessed it.
    You've Spoiled where the content comes from yourself by not hiding the information, which means now everyone knows where it's from.

I hate to argue, but I hate being told to do something that makes no sense, even more.

If anything, I'd rather this entire Thread was just deleted, I'm not prepared to take responsibility because I wasn't asininely pedantic with the contents of a Spoiler Tag.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Oh its about bg:Sod yeah im out before spoilers lol.
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    Only did a quick look at the CRE file for the npc in question. Her model is for a Fighter Female Elf. So I'm guessing the wings only fit THAT specific model/animation.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2016
    It is pretty obvious that a spoiler for SoD (which many people haven't played yet), is not the same as a spoiler for games that have been out for years. Specially on the general thread and not the SoD specific thread.

You could just modify the title of the thread instead of getting worked up at a reasonable request.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    I've added a mention of SoD into the thread title.

@Icecreamtub It was as easy as "Click Edit - type three letters - Click Save".

As @Dee said, people might be comfortable with spoilers about BG:EE but not BG:SoD. Most forumites know about BG1 and BG2 but there're many people who still haven't played and/or finished SoD. This is why mentioning SoD in a thread title for the discussion which you created in the General Discussion subforum instead of the SoD subforum seems reasonalble and understandable.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    definitely works on the female elf mage anim aswell. I can confirm that.

never tried on males. maybe that's the issue?
    edited May 2016
    Why revive a thread and also give me criticism, this thread is well over a month old and I'm sure I've learned my lesson by now...
    I expected better from a Moderator.
  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2016
    Isn't criticism of moderation supposed to be done by PM discussion, for politeness?

BTW, I used EEkeeper a pulled one of the wings items. They worked correctly on Khalid, showed on his sprite as red wings (white on the inventory doll though).

Looks like there was about 4 wing items though.