Skip to content

Which NPC(s) should get a comeback or cameo in BG2 (or in BG3)?

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Beside the 5 playable NPCs and a few BG1 NPCs that died in BG2, who else do you think should return as a playable NPC in BG2:EE?

On the same note, which NPC should continue into BG3?

For BG3, I hope Minsc and Edwin(a) will return. Maybe Edwina can fool Minsc to become his new witch (LOL).

Comments

• KallithKallith Member Posts: 1
    Shar Teel and Branwen for me
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    There are mods to bring back pretty much any NPC you want (even ones that actually die in the transition), so as it's already so customizable it doesn't really matter much to me. The BG2 mod Kivan and Deheriana for instance is so well written that I would in all likelihood prefer to use that over developer BG2 content that brought Kivan back.

That said, it would annoy me to have previously canon-dead characters like Dynaheir and Khalid resurrected in an EE.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    Definitely Yeslick!! as @Radhamanthys, you can never have enough dwarves!!

Also I would like to see in BG3 Yeslick and Viconia, because BG3 will take place 100+ years after TOB, its more logical to see one of the long-lived race NPCS such as dwarfs and elfs

• GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2012
    BG3 = Minsc + Edwina +... Who else doesn't die at the end of TOB?

Oh yeah, there is Jan. Possibly all the characters that were complete deranged psychos, this is why Baldur's gate was so original. The Best characters weren't Goodie charismatic guys or Emo wannabee Evil (evil only in name) or annoying feminist ''independent'' woman. The Best character were completely nuts, they were psycho at the core, not just in surface with a good hearth like in most modern kid friendly RPG.

Xan+Kargain would be cool too.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2012
    For BG2:EE - Eldoth - I'd like to see what kinds of slimy scams he has pulled and still managed to stay alive. I would imagine he's in Athkatla because he's a wanted man in Baldur's Gate after kidnapping Skie and overstaying his welcome everywhere else.

For BG3 - Kagain or Xan - Did Kagain ever strike it rich and is Xan still as pessimistic as he was 100+ years ago?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    For BG3:

Yoshimo. He's too good of a character to stay dead. Though I wouldn't resurrect him in BG2 or ToB because I feel that would go against his death in BG2 and the established story so far, but I do want to see him return someday.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    For BG2 I'd like to see comebacks for all the BG1 NPCs but don't bother with anymore cameos - they were just annoying. Oh great I've killed Ajantis ...
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165

Kagain and Yeslick. You can never have enough dwarves!

I agree with this. Only one dwarf NPC in BG2 isn't nearly enough.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Edwina as a barmaid in BG3!
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2012
    i really want them to make tiax' immortal soul to be the endboss of BGIII. It can't be defeated, because it's almighty and so it can rule all worlds of all dimensions.
    Post edited by Nachtwache on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Xan should return as a...oh, never mind, it's never going to happen anyway...

:)
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    I really dig Shar Teel, I wish they would bring her back. Mainly because she's interesting, Kagain is almost overpowered but I would take him in BG2 if he was around, his CON is amazing. I always use both in Evil parties in BG1
  • Sir_CarnifexSir_Carnifex Member Posts: 47
    I actually thought that BG2 had too many of the original characters return. Why, of all places, have so many people all come to Athkatla? Garrick, Ajantis, Tiax, Quayle, Xzar, Montaron, Viconia, Edwin. And I think I may have missed some, too. I'm not actually against it as they can be fun... I just thought that there was way too much coincidence and I wouldn't have minded if a few less had made a return.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I'd love for Xzar and Montaron to return (after they are killed by the Harpers) or at least make some sort of option at the end of Xzar's quest to intervene and prevent his death. I find myself simply never completing this quest whenever it arises since it kills off two of my favorite characters from BG1.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2012
    BG3: The Day Has Come Where Tiax Points And Clicks!!!
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    GoodSteve said:

I'd love for Xzar and Montaron to return (after they are killed by the Harpers) or at least make some sort of option at the end of Xzar's quest to intervene and prevent his death. I find myself simply never completing this quest whenever it arises since it kills off two of my favorite characters from BG1.

Actually, you can intervene by talking to the summoned bird harper lady when she is summoned. She will start the conversation, but xzar doesnt get killed. However, Xzar doesnt have any dialogue and you cant find Montaron's body on a chest in the Harper second floor.
  • AnhoraAnhora Member Posts: 22
    Xan should come back at bg3! :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I wanna see the child of Xzar and Montaron!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Assuming that BG3 is over century later, in a post-apocalyptic Forgotten Realms, it would be interesting to see who has survived from the BG tales. We're talking about the longer-lived races, i.e., elves, dwarves, and gnomes.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @Sir_Carnifex I absolutely agree 100 percent!!! You forgot Coran and Safana ;)

But seriously, when ALL those NPCs are just THERE, it really seems and feels like Name dropping. There's no reason that ALL of those NPCs just APPEAR in Athkatla. For some, there are decent reasons, seeing as how Edwin's Home is in Thay which is south of Baldur's Gate and Athkatla is kind of in the middle... and the same could be said of others but still... wtf?

More than that, Safana (my fav character of all time) getting killed for no reason pissed me off so much that I decided to kill Coran for putting her in that predicament in the first place.

BUT to answer the question that I ignored so I could rant... was that I think Viconia would be a perfect NPC to reappear... And Jaheira. Jaheira and Viconia are mentioned as wanderers so seeing them in BG3 would make alot of sense. Also meeting or running into Imoen's Theives Guild in Waterdeep would be awesome!!
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Tazok needs to return yet again in BG3. A Half-ogre barbarian, perhaps even playable.
  • Sir_CarnifexSir_Carnifex Member Posts: 47
    Xavioria said:

@Sir_Carnifex I absolutely agree 100 percent!!! You forgot Coran and Safana ;)

But seriously, when ALL those NPCs are just THERE, it really seems and feels like Name dropping. There's no reason that ALL of those NPCs just APPEAR in Athkatla. For some, there are decent reasons, seeing as how Edwin's Home is in Thay which is south of Baldur's Gate and Athkatla is kind of in the middle... and the same could be said of others but still... wtf?

More than that, Safana (my fav character of all time) getting killed for no reason pissed me off so much that I decided to kill Coran for putting her in that predicament in the first place.

BUT to answer the question that I ignored so I could rant... was that I think Viconia would be a perfect NPC to reappear... And Jaheira. Jaheira and Viconia are mentioned as wanderers so seeing them in BG3 would make alot of sense. Also meeting or running into Imoen's Theives Guild in Waterdeep would be awesome!!

I knew I missed some!

Thay is actually far, far east of Baldur's Gate, not south. However, considering how Red Wizards work, it wouldn't be surprising to find one of their agents in Athkatla. Xzar and Montaron working against the Harpers makes sense, too, seeing how the two organizations aren't too friendly with each other. Garrick doesn't really make sense unless he followed that paladin all the way to Athkatla. Tiax is a cleric, not an arcane caster, so his presence in Spellhold makes little sense. Safana and Coran just seem to appear for no reason. Ajantis, I suppose, was there because of the Radiant Heart paladins.