Skip to content

This game has shown me that I'm not an evil person.

I thought making an all Evil party would be cool. Talking to people like they annoyed me at best. Laughing at people crying for help who couldnt pay me gold. Telling Aerie to shut her trap, telling Jaheira to shut her trap about Khalid. After all, I do enjoy a good troll.

I was going to do all of this, but then I brought Dorn into the Radiant Heart place and we slaughtered all the wedding guests. I couldn't continue, it just felt really wrong. Most of them weren't even armed save with a wine bottle. Even as the NPCs were like "Yeeea that was great" I was like, time to start a new game.

I'm not sure why its so unsatisfying to kill defenseless people, but the whole game lost its luster to me when I did.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I am decent at playing evil, except when the powergamer within reminds me how rewarding is being good compared to being evil.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah that part and the whole Dorn introduction in bg2 is just obnoxious. He was sympathetic in bg1, what with the revenge motive and all. In bg2 he is too evil for the sake of being evil. 'I kill innocents and put children and women to sword.' Korgan is kind to children! Viconia has her issues but still could not kill a baby for sacrifice and that caused her to get disillusioned with Lloth and be banished. They are lovable when compared to the monstrosity that is Dorn Il-Kahn of bg2.

Shame I will never get to play Dorn's quests in bg2, those new areas and especially dragon fights look awesome. I just can not bring myself to do the first fricking quest.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    edited April 2016
    I used to always make lawful good paladin but that changed because even lawful paladins can do bad things if they are too radical. So im generally stuck around neutral/chaotic good now and that's where I like my charnames because it suits me.
    They probably wanted Dorn to be that purely evil, no morals kind of guy. I got this the minute I was able to attack him in his intro as a choice option in bg2 lol.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I've always wanted to play an Assassin serial killer, or perhaps a Shapeshifter (werewolf), and make a point of killing at least one mundane NPC per night.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I love when game gives you so many options even though some of them are just plain evil but after all the choice is yours
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    For those who think Dorn is evil for the sake of evil in BGII:EE, did you play his quest? If not, I suggest taking a look at it. It should explain some things. :)
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    This is why I only play neutral evil.
  • zolzol Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2016
    Last time I played, I even couldn't kill animals in Copper's Coronet fighting pit. Lured them in cells and closed doors (including Tabitha and polar wolf). Only killed gibberlings and minotaur. The same for the dogs in de'Arnise keep. From the other side Surly definitely deserves death, but I've noticed that Joluv becomes hostile if I kill him.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    You don't have to kill all of the wedding guests.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    LiamEsler said:

For those who think Dorn is evil for the sake of evil in BGII:EE, did you play his quest? If not, I suggest taking a look at it. It should explain some things. :)

Hes too evil for me to get past the first conversation without him dying, that's all I need :D.

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited April 2016
    Evil, please this game doesn't even tap into the true stream of nether evil!

Where is the option to sacrifice the person I romance to a demon/devil/evil deity for more power?
    Where is the choice to burn these cities down to the ground?
    Where is the choice to violate my sister and then sell her to a whorehouse?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2016

Evil, please this game doesn't even tap into the true stream of nether evil!

Where is the option to sacrifice the person I romance to a demon/devil/evil deity for more power?
    Where is the choice to burn these cities down to the ground?
    Where is the choice to violate my sister and then sell her to a whorehouse?

At least NWN2 MotB kinda solves the first problem, with the possibility to

Feasting on the soul of Safiya. She's not exactly a person you romance but still a pretty close friend, or so she believes till you do that.

Burning cities to the ground is stupidity more than being evil. Getting an entire country or more than that chasing you is not that easy to handle.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    If you have a good charisma you can Convince dorn to only kill the one he is supposed to kill, and spare the civis.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    @DragonKing

Where is the option to put an empty ice cube tray back into the freezer?
    Where is the option to urinate on a public toilet seat?
    Where is the option to let a familiar defecate on another NPCs lawn?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    We'll kick your dog.
    We'll rape your wife.
    We'll tie you on a rack.
    We'll borrow all your garden tools,
    And never give them back.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    ... Vita mortis careo
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Arunsun
    No, stupid is committing a massive state wide massacre and then letting the rest of that country know it was you. Why do people think if. A massive massacre is done by PC, the country has to know the PC did it? Put on a helm with a face guard or a mask and no country can suspect you.

Also I'm a god- beep- dragon, do you think I fear any country?
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    Responding to op because as I was scrolling and saw this went weird.....

I play evil chars. I get by fine. In game.

Think of evil as a different view point.

I would say, and this is just my viewpoint... and how I rp my chars on their align...

Law good: unbendable. Unbribable. Carry out all instructions literally. No room for lateral thought. Change this screw to company standard screw, it's thought is no, we must order the screw from the company, going to rona for same screw and fixing that day voids warranty. No compromise.
    Neutral good: yeah we can change the screw. Gets us up and running again. Go get it I'll take the heat if something happens.
    Chao good: go get the damn screw from rona and I'll change it. Frig. It's just a screwdriver and a screw. Here I have a spare in my pocket it'll work. Move. Yay fixed.
    Law neutral: we must debate on the merits of if the machine better serves the world fixed or broken. Convene the jury.
    True neutral: I dunno man, we could wait and it's all good. We could get in trouble using this screw but as long as everyone's happy I'm ok with this.
    Chao neutral: u need a screw? Dude I know this chick over on 5th.... oh... not that kinda screw... does it need a screw? Have you tried just hitting it with a hammer?
    Lawful evil: after considering all points, I believe using the rona screw would suffice but, we must abide by the wishes of the manufacturer... (which I own.. heh heh heh)
    Neutral evil: just change the damn screw. If it breaks nobody is gonna know cuz the things already broken.
    Chaotic evil: you call that a screw? Here, use this (a nail) ur set. Moving on. *hands in pockets whistling as the machine shreds itself, not caring if a few ppl get hurt in the process, they were too Dumb not to see it was a nail anyways)

Evil doesn't mean rampage.

Edit: my lawful good might be skewed becausemy naive roomie works... and I have worked mass production and currently work consumer production so I know the major Corp does just go to rona or home hardware or target or wherever to get the screw; quad charge the price, and then add in the service call. So instead of a guy taking 30 secs to fix it it ends up into a $400 bill with 2 hours charge to make it all... legal... hehe... guess what align I play.