Skip to content

Permidion Stark - what do you think his stats are?

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Having used the name Permidion Stark since joining this forum I am now tempted to play BG using my namesake as my character. So I was wondering what you think his stats might be? I'm guessing he's got reasonable dexterity because he is a thief and reasonable wisdom because he decides against burgling High Hedge. After that I'm not so sure. Alignment-wise I am thinking CN or NE.

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Personally, I'd go with -
    STR : 14, DEX : 18, CON : 10, INT : 16, WIS : 10, CHA : 13

Alignment, I'd say Chaotic Neutral. Definitely not evil, he doesn't sound that much of a bad guy - just more like your average thief really.

His true stats are though -
    STR : 11, DEX : 16, CON : 13, INT : 13, WIS : 10, CHA : 11

... still a better character than Garrick!
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Just use Infinity Explorer - http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IEmodding/index.php

That way you can find the .CRE file (Most likely PERMID.CRE) and make an exact copy of him to play Baldur't Gate!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Str9 Dex9 Con9 Int9 Wis9 Cha9
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Thanks for the replies guys. I never realised it was possible to find the stats of minor NPCs. So what are Noober's stats?
    @Permidion_Stark : 9,9,9,9,9,9 :p

@Permidion_Stark : 9,9,9,9,9,9 :p

That good? I thought they'd be a lot lower. I've rolled worse characters than that in PnP.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Stats of an NPC .cre file aren't necessarily representative though, especially for minor characters.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Cool idea! I would try playing him according to the .cre file, although obviously tweak as indicated if his stats suck.

Possible portraits:

although, personally, I like the first one best.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
    I think I will play him and I will use his true stats as supplied by @Cheesebelly

So he will be a Chaotic Neutral Thief STR : 11, DEX : 16, CON : 13, INT : 13, WIS : 10, CHA : 11

Thanks for the portrait ideas @Lemernis. The last one is probably closest to my idea of him but I will also have a look through the IWD portraits since I replace all the original portraits with IWD ones and I like things to look consistent.

I'm not keen on any of the male soundsets so I will probably use the Eldoth or Garrick one, Or maybe Coran but I'm not too familiar with that one since he never ends up in my party.
    edited September 2012
    @Permidion_Stark : Coran's soundset is very similar than the one from Default Male in BG1. I think it's the same voice actor...

Technically speaking it should be possible to extract the "Ello pal" voice with Near Infinity. Whether there are more than just that sentence with that tone of voice, I have no idea though. I once used the soundset Reevor uses. "By Moradin's hammer!" XD

Edit - apparently he has just the "Ello Pal!" line along with two shouts when he gets hit and dies. I guess you'll have to go with one or the other soundset then.
    @Cheesebelly

Thanks for looking it up. I might try doing the party as a band of thieves. So I will have Permidion, Imoen, Montaron and Garrick in the early part of the adventure. Should make for an interesting challenge.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012

@Cheesebelly

Thanks for looking it up. I might try doing the party as a band of thieves. So I will have Permidion, Imoen, Montaron and Garrick in the early part of the adventure. Should make for an interesting challenge.

Dump Imoen for Safana, dual Shar-Teel, then pick up Eldoth and Skie
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

everyone will literally hate everyone

I'm incapable of throwing Imoen out of the party. If she's not with me I don't want to play. And I've never kept Safana for long. She doesn't sound sexy to me - she sounds like she is trying way too hard.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I've always wondered since I saw your name on this board and alluding to a BG NPC with that name:

Who is Permidion Stark?
    @Son_of_Imoen

He is a thief you meet outside High Hedge who is planning to burgle Thalantyr the Mighty Mage of Beregost. But while he is outlining his plan to you he talks himself out of it because it sounds too dangerous and he decides to head off and rob a Xvart village instead.

He is one of the minor characters whose cameo appearances make BG1 such a joy.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Permidion Stark is an idiot, and anybody who uses that name is an idiot.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2012

@Son_of_Imoen

He is a thief you meet outside High Hedge who is planning to burgle Thalantyr the Mighty Mage of Beregost. But while he is outlining his plan to you he talks himself out of it because it sounds too dangerous and he decides to head off and rob a Xvart village instead.

Oh, him. Yeah, he's fun. Especially with the comment Charname writes in his/her journal after the encounter.

(or I just might have it confused with the journal entry after talking to the pilfering thief in the Red Sheaf Inn).

@Son_of_Imoen

Oh, him. Yeah, he's fun. Especially with the comment Charname writes in his/her journal after the encounter.

I don't think I have ever noticed that. What does it say?

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

@Son_of_Imoen

I don't think I have ever noticed that. What does it say?

Err. Trying to remember. I think it's something about "so I unintentionally changed the course of history..."
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Quartz Aye, the entry is:

A perplexing problem from a perplexing thief.

It seems I have accidentally altered the course of future history by stumbling upon the thief, Permidion Stark, as he was planning, in his words, 'the greatest heist of all time.' His will and concentration broken, he has left me here to ponder the situation... A powerful mage apparently lives nearby, guarded by horrid flesh-beasts. Stark claimed they were too tough to kill but that there might be a way to lure them away from the action. Ah well, I can cross that bridge when I come to it.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Does Permidion Stark wear a mask? Men in masks cannot be trusted. Was he burned by acid or something?

Does Permidion Stark wear a mask? Men in masks cannot be trusted. Was he burned by acid or something?

I think as a rule of thumb it's best not to trust thieves regardless of whether they are wearing masks. Apparently there is no honour among them.
    @Permidion_Stark : Uncharted 2 taught me that there *is* some kind of honor between them. Ahem, carry on :P
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

I think as a rule of thumb it's best not to trust thieves regardless of whether they are wearing masks. Apparently there is no honour among them.
    My memory is sketchy -- but I'm almost positive @HaHaCharade was making a reference to The Princess Bride.
    Brude said:

My memory is sketchy -- but I'm almost positive @HaHaCharade was making a reference to The Princess Bride.
    Ah, I see. I missed that.