Skip to content

My eyes, they burn! (Cloak of Displacement)

How do I disable the "Cloak of Displacement" visual effect?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    I believe both the Item Revisions mod and the BGTweaks mod offer an option for this. Both mods are also amazing in their own right, so I encourage you to try them out :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    You need a mod to do it. "BG2 Tweaks" (I think) has a "Turn off hideous Cloak of Displacement effect" component. There's no way without the mod. I usually just avoid using it, despite how good it is, for this very reason, unless I have Tweaks installed.

My memory fails me, as I've not used mods in some time - if it's not Tweaks, it's in SCS (Sword Coast Strategems).

Can someone more knowledgeable tell us for sure which one?
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2016
    The only one I see in "Tweaks" is the one that disabled the Cloak of Mirroring visual effect.

It is in SCS though.

Should be built into EE by default. Come on, Beamdog.
    For everyone wanting the animation gone, there is someone who'd riot if it was removed.

Mods can fix it easily, and as needed.
    edited April 2016

For everyone wanting the animation gone, there is someone who'd riot if it was removed.

Mods can fix it easily, and as needed.

Toggles. Just like the sprite outlines and grayscale on pause.

More mods = greater chance of instability and creating issues that wouldn't be present if they were included officially. I don't want to install SCS base just to get a visual effect turned off.
    The official updates have broken FAR more stuff than mods ever have. Just saying. And took a far longer time to get fixed.
    I'm currently finding 2.0 to be more enjoyable than any heavily modded original experience ever was.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    Why people have such a problem with the blur effect I will never know...

You want the blur gone then just extract the attached files into your override.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    I don't mind that... it's the swirly white ball of doom I'm going to end up hating when I get that item....
    Aewyrven said:

I don't mind that... it's the swirly white ball of doom I'm going to end up hating when I get that item....

That's disabled for me through tweakpack, which I also use to decap ammo stacks.
    Can't. Mobile. No computer... it's gonna suck a lot. ..
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited April 2016
    Tresset said:

Why people have such a problem with the blur effect I will never know...

I wonder if they refuse to use the spell for that same reason... Never seen a component that removes the gfx from the spell.

• ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    I thought the blur looked pretty neat with the new sprite outline, reminded me of this:

Chidojuan said:

I thought the blur looked pretty neat with the new sprite outline, reminded me of this:

That reminds me more of mirror image (the OLD days).... than blur...
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @Aewyrven Well of course, but the new sprite outlines really solidify the illusion.
    Wouldn't know about new change... all I know is after the like... second ...? Patch back in the day hit and mirror image went from 20273628823 images in a straight line to a circle around you.... I wept for joy....