Skip to content

White fog taking over the screen?

AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
More and more often, a "white fog" quite rapidly arrives from a side and takes over the entire screen, like a rolling wave. It's more or less transparent. I'm unable to grab a screenshot, but this is a photograph:

If I reload, it disappears, at least for a few seconds, only to come back again.

I have a GeForce GTX 660 with newest driver. Latest SOD patch (didn't run SOD before that patch).

Any ideas?

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the fog one of the features of Siege of Dragonspear?
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2016
    @O_Bruce It is?? :-D I truly didn't know that. It looks like a graphical glitch. Have I missed anyone referring to the mist?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Astafas
    It was mentioned few times during the streams developers did. And so I wasn't surprised when I saw the fog.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I have this too - it really gets out of hand sometimes although a quickload seemed to solve it for me - at least for a while.
    decado said:

I have this too - it really gets out of hand sometimes although a quickload seemed to solve it for me - at least for a while.

Yeah, it's the same for me.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    It's overwhelming in some maps, I made another post about it here before I saw this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/53553/sod-how-to-turn-off-the-smoke-machine-in-lichs-lair#latest
    agris said:

It's overwhelming in some maps, I made another post about it here before I saw this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/53553/sod-how-to-turn-off-the-smoke-machine-in-lichs-lair#latest

I'm in exactly that area!
  • little_ducklinglittle_duckling Member Posts: 16
    I really liked it, it hit for a bit outside the De'arnese Keep (in BG2EE).
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    The problem isn't the VFX's existence, but rather how it manifests and obscures the entire screen. That is, the shift from artistic flourish to gameplay impeding annoyance.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    When you're on the map screen, you can see it come from the top right corner. It's like some smoke machine that's blowing it all over the screen. I then headed off to that part of the map because I thought it was something you could interact with and maybe turn off.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Okay, so it's not a bug, how do we get rid of it more permanently? :P
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @CaloNord Edit your baldur.lua file:

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Enable Fog','0')

If it's not there to begin with (it wasn't for me) then add it in.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Woo! @Artemius_I Cheers!

I don't want to have to disable all weather just to get the fog to tone down.

I love the idea, but. . . tone it down a bit. . . :D