Skip to content

Edwin not talking to me. What can I do?

Six6igmaSix6igma Member Posts: 6
I am early game. I am playing BG2EE v2.0.62.2 on a Windows 7 pc. I spoke to Renal Bloodscalp. He sent me to Mae'Var's Guildhall. I spoke to Mae'Var. He sent me to steal an artifact from a temple. I stole the artifact and returned it to Mae'Var. He told me to speak to Edwin upstairs. When I click on Edwin to initiate a dialogue, he responds with "Greetings. I am Edwin Odesseiron. You simians may refer to me merely as "sir" if you prefer a less... syllable-intensive workout" (see attached image). There is a CONTINUE button below that text. When I click on that button, the text window goes away (shrinks down). Then, nothing. If I hover the mouse over Edwin, the cursor becomes a dialogue cursor but clicking on Edwin does nothing. Edwin should be giving me missions or some such but nothing is happening. I tried loading an older save. In fact, I tried using the autosave that was created before I entered the Docks district with same results. What can I do?

By the way, I took a look at my journal. I have an entry titled "Find Proof of Mae'Var's Treachery". Inside that quest there are three subquests each titled "No Objective Text". The top-most subquest contains text saying that I have completed Mae'Var's request and that I should speak to Edwin". I don't know what else to do to fix this. Please help.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    I hear you can just kill him or pick his pocket to get the key.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Same thing with Khalid in Baldur's Gate 1, funny.