Skip to content

Lightning bolt spell

2»

Comments

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267

Electricity=Magic.

If Electricity=Magic, and my PC runs on Electricity... im a wizard? O.O' ??

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    00zim00 said:

Electricity=Magic.

If Electricity=Magic, and my PC runs on Electricity... im a wizard? O.O' ??

More like an Eberron Artificer.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Wand of lightning + potion of absorption is devestating especially in tight spaces. I personally love lightning but, as is the case in rl, you have to respect it's power and not be careless :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    One of the best spells. Specially in close quarters if you can aim it right.

And it is pretty easy to be immune to it's effects (or close to it). Boots of Grounding, potion of absorption, robe of electrical resistance. You name it.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2016
    Possibly it has been said:

But drink a potion of insulation absorption (100 % electrical immunity) and use a Wand of Lightning in any cramped corner against any number of foes.

A true Winner...

/A.

Post edited by yksimalt on
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    @yksimalt
    potion of absorption*

insulation only confers 50% resistance whereas absorption applies 100%
    Potion of Insulation (there are tons of these in the game) + Boots of Grounding + Wand of Lightning Bolt = I win button.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited October 2016
    Unreliable. Dangerous. Ludicrous. Inconsistent. Doesn't bounce according to any known law.

Completely and utterly unpredictable.

Though getting zapped by it seems predictable enough. I'm convinced it's coded to home in on the player after the first bounce. A superstition, perhaps, but I'm a believer.

I use it frequently, even if it IS the +3 Berserker sword of spells. Or give the wand to Xan. A wand like that is just so Xan. Oh, his face when it comes back on him. 'Typical', he mutters to himself, just before getting fried. There just aren't enough potions or scrolls of lightning protection for every time you use it, and priests don't get the protection spell until spell lvl 4. Boots of Talos are the only item you can rely on. Eventually Xan will get an electricity robe, but by then he's usually died more than once.

Besides, with all the lightning traps in the game, and how devastating they are, I like to save potions and scrolls for my thief. Xan already has a disposition for dying, and he's clearly already come to terms with his mortality, so suicide mage he is.

It's okay. Not great, but not bad. I've made great use of the wand and Xan as a suicide/melee mage in previous playthroughs. Good fun for all, except maybe Xan.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @sluckers I read that in Xan's voice

Electricity=Magic.

As someone who studies Physics I couldn't agree more.

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I use it in my game as a wild mage teaming up with Neera. Nothing like double wild mages flinging lightning bolts around for an utterly unpredictable experience.