Skip to content

Which is it? [spoilers for BGEE & ToB]

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered because I have no idea even what search terms to use to find possible threads.

I'm playing through BGEE and I'm currently in Candlekeep again. In Gorion's letter, he says he was a friend and occasional lover to CHARNAME's mother and that she died in childbirth so he felt obliged to take CHARNAME in. Hey also says Bhaal basically forced himself on her.

In ToB, when talking to Solar you find out CHARNAME's mother was a priestess of Bhaal and was about to sacrifice CHARNAME on his altar when the Harpers swept in and saved what children could be saved.

So, which one is it? Is it a lapse by the storytellers or did Gorion lie to CHARNAME? If he lied, shouldn't CHARNAME be the least bit bitter or angry with Gorion?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    It's a lapse by the storytellers, and a well known retcon in the trilogy.
  • ZilchkZilchk Member Posts: 46

It's a lapse by the storytellers, and a well known retcon in the trilogy.

He could have lied.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    This discrepancy gets explained in Siege of Dragonspear, actually.

Gorion was undercover at the temple of Bhaal and he and Charname's mom had a thing and he thought he could get her to change her ways, but she didn't and tried to sacrifice her child anyway, so Gorion killed her and saved Charname.
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    Svar said:

This discrepancy gets explained in Siege of Dragonspear, actually.

Gorion was undercover at the temple of Bhaal and he and Charname's mom had a thing and he thought he could get her to change her ways, but she didn't and tried to sacrifice her child anyway, so Gorion killed her and saved Charname.
    Oooh where did you find that out? I haven't come across that bit of info. Played through SoD only once though.
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    Here's another one: Entar Silvershield was killed in BG right?

So how come he's alive in SoD?

• PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    ^ He even got a funeral if I'm not mistaken.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Midori said:

Here's another one: Entar Silvershield was killed in BG right?

So how come he's alive in SoD?

magic. explained in the game if you bring it up.