Skip to content

[Resolved] Unexplored Beregost at Chapter 5

NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
I am in Chapter 5 and have obviously been in Beregost many times before. Yet when I now travel there from Nashkel, I appear in the lower right corner of the town, the map is uncharted, there are no NPCs in the streets, there is no music playing, nor are there any ambient sounds, and none of the buildings are enterable. I don't have any mods installed.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It sounds like your save has been corrupted, each area is held within the save. This could be caused by various things like a disk error, crash while saving and so on.

Do you have a save from before noticing the issue that you could zip and attach?
    (while doubtful that save could be fixed, it may indicate what has happened)
    Thanks
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    I decided to reload and continue from an earlier save in order not to lose any momentum in my playthrough. I thought I kept a separate save file where this problem was present, but it seems I just deleted it two seconds later like an idiot. I'm sorry. And thank you.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Thanks for the update, and enjoy the rest of your game.

If anyone else experiences this please provide a save before returning to Beregost - there was a "Beregost crash" some years back and would like to make sure it's not resurfaced.
    Thanks