Skip to content

Creative Use of Cursed Items (spoilers)

SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
I'd be interested in hearing what creative uses you have found for some of the cursed items in the game.
I'd be happy to hear about other items, though not cursed, probably not the wisest choice but used for spicing up situations.
I'll start with one;
Just bought the Barkskin Quarterstaff in BG. The armour improvement is negligible at this point but the added +1 to saving throws can certainly come in handy. It's not gonna be a frequent occurrence but there will be times where one more "free" +1 to saves might just do the trick. My Mage using it will NEVER be in a position where she will need to melee an enemy anyway (hopefully!) and also, one more slot now open for Branwen to memorize and use a different spell than Barkskin. Of course, it creates two problems as well: Branwen needs to keep a "remove curse" memorized on occasion and my Mage using the stick can't hit my high armoured fighters worth a damn!
It's just a fun thing, anyone else find some creative uses for stuff?
jackjacksarevok57

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    The Big Fisted Belt might as well have been named Minsc's Belt of JUSTICE - it makes him as strong as Dorn Poochie with zero impact since his INT was already low.
    jackjacksarevok57baldurskjd
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Kilivitz said:

The Big Fisted Belt might as well have been named Minsc's Belt of JUSTICE - it makes him as strong as Dorn Poochie with zero impact since his INT was already low.

Since int is wasted on 90% of NPCs using it on Minsc is a bit of a waste, due to how high his str already us. It is much better on Khalid, Jaheira, Monty or Kagain.
    jackjackQuartzsarevok57baldurskjd
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Ammar Don't forget Yeslick! His Int only goes down one point. ;)
    sarevok57
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I put it on Xan once for ****s and giggles. Surprisingly he could actually fight as long as he has Stoneskin and Mirror Image but yeah, still pretty bad.
    mf2112sarevok57
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    I used Helm of Opposite Allignment on Vic to stop her from leaving when rep gets too high
    sarevok57jackjackMacHurto
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the vanilla bg series, I would use helm of opposite alignment on shar-teel so she could use defender ( since in the vanilla she could have 4 proficiencies on large sword, and dish out some killa damage with it)
    Chnapy