Skip to content

Dual class HLA - Assassin/Fighter

Hello, im currently playing my BG2:EE with a lot of mods (of course old version 1.3.xx for mods xd), and im playing also with mod "rogue rebalancing" so i'm know there is many changes with traps (im think time trap was too OP so they swap it ^^), anyway my question is another.

HLA if i sure was obtain on 3+ million EXP ? Yes ??
Anyway im currently reach 16 lvl (and i still don't leave from Athkatla to another places ^ ^) with my Rogue (assassing kit) and probably will obtain 17 (because for Rogue Rebalancing mod backstab x7 is on 17 lvl available).

So After reach 17 and go dual class into fighter/warrior (idk how its called correctly) and i think in ToB i will reach 17+ lvl there on second class, so then which HLA i will got ?? Warrior or Thief also ?? Because i don't know it xd.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    If you dual-class you will only get HLAs from your active class.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

If you dual-class you will only get HLAs from your active class.

This, and you must reach 3,000,000 in that class instead of 3,000,000 total
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for asnwer :) But last question. If i maybe reach 3 milion xp for one HLA from rogue (maybe two for next level above 3+ milion exp) and next i will dual class, also reach same lvl i will got those one or two HLA from rogue ?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yes, but you won't be able to fully play the character as envisioned until near the end of the saga.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    shaylo said:

Thanks for asnwer :) But last question. If i maybe reach 3 milion xp for one HLA from rogue (maybe two for next level above 3+ milion exp) and next i will dual class, also reach same lvl i will got those one or two HLA from rogue ?

When you dual, your active class is the only class you progress in - that includes HLAs. So if you play a Thief to 3m XP and choose a HLA, then dual to for example Fighter, regain Thief thief levels and reach HLAs again, it will be all Fighter HLAs ONLY.

Note however that this may or may not work depending on class combination due to the experience cap. You can of course always remove that with mods.

Also note that if you level a Thief to HLAs, pick Use Any Item, then dual-class, you will KEEP the Use Any Item and have it active even while Thief is inactive.

Generally, though, if you want multiple classes' HLAs just go multiclass instead of dual. You will get HLAs as a multiclass for 3m TOTAL xp, and gain them from whatever class you got the level from, meaning you can get multiple classes' HLAs. Triple-class multiclasses may not get all three without mods, though, not sure if the EE changed that from vanilla behavior.
    Ok, thanks. Btw. HLA for use any item its weird when i dual into Fighter, Fighter probably can wield all weapons and equipment ?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    shaylo said:

HLA for use any item its weird when i dual into Fighter, Fighter probably can wield all weapons and equipment ?

Yes, pretty much. The only exception are certain character-specific items.

Generally though I would not recommend high-level dualing. It's just not worth it. I guess if you go into it knowing it's crazy, that's totally fine ;) It is, though. Crazy.
    Ok, so i will got 17 lvl and dual then because as i said on 17 i Rogue Rebalancing is x7 backstab :)