Skip to content

Dragon Diciple with Longsword

I want to make a Dragon diciple with longswords (no dualing and no multi ) i have EEkeeper and Infinity , i put 5 points into longswords in the 2DA file weapon profs but i still cannot raise my proficiency in longsword, does nayone know how to do this ?

many many thanks

Comments

• ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    The easiest way is just to add the proficiency via EE keeper
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I should warn you beforehand that you still won't be able to actually use longswords without some kind of mod.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    The easiest way to do it would be to add the proficiencies in EEKeeper, and then give yourself the Use Any Item ability. You can find the spell under the Innate tab where you'll find your Bhaalspawn powers and Breath ability. You can remove the ability after using it.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    So I just need to use the ability once like a spell and it works for good ? And thanks for the suggestions :)
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Yup, just use it once and you're good. You're free to remove it from your innates after, unless you don't mind seeing the icon.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Mind that Use Any Item innate ability doesn't appear in BG 1. There is, however, an effect you can add, as I recently discovered.

I wrote the procedure for it in this thread

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54211/completely-broken-cheat-question#latest
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    Ashes of embers mod universal weapons component allowed any weapon to be usable by anyone with enough str and dex. You still can not gain proficiency in non-mage weapons, though, and for sorcerers non-proficiency penalty is a steep -5 to hit.

Fiddling with weapprof.2da with notepad should allow you to gain proficiency, even mastery. Though, since sorcs gain 1 pip per six levels you can not gain grand mastery until lvl 24. Even then, you gain no bonus attacks, only to hit and damage bonuses so it may be a bit useless still. Also, a high lvl sorc can just cast Black blade of disaster with improved haste and Tenser's transformation to wreck havoc in melee combat.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    thanks for the answers guys i will try it as soon as i get home :)
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    you'll still suffer a horrible THAC0