Skip to content

Completely broken cheat question

Hey guys I'm wondering if it's possible to give UAI (use any item) to a non rogue via EE keeper. I want to make Jaheira an archer without having to mod each individual bow and arrow item file.

I haven't found the ability so I thought I'd ask you guys. I don't actually want to do silly things like Carsomyr on a blackguard or anything, I just find the idea of Jaheira using a bow aestheticly pleasing.

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    It should be, yes. Go to the "effects" tab, click "add" then apply opcode 302 to her (target should probably be "self" with a timing flag of "permanent" or "instant, permanent"). Make certain to set "constant value" to 1 and that should be all you need.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Yep, you can do it. You'll have to use EEKeeper to set up her proficiencies as well, though.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    You could also just remove the druid restriction from whichever bow you want her to use at the time. Though, you might need to use Near Infinity for that.
    Exactly. I don't add effects to characters via EEKeeper so I had never looked into doing that way before.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598

It should be, yes. Go to the "effects" tab, click "add" then apply opcode 302 to her (target should probably be "self" with a timing flag of "permanent" or "instant, permanent"). Make certain to set "constant value" to 1 and that should be all you need.

This'll probably work, but if you're not sure about effect flags, just add the Use Any Item innate ability, then use it in the game. It will give your character UAI, and afterwards you can ignore it or remove it.
    I cant find the innate ability in EEKeeper

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hello. I'm far from as knowledgeble as the guys above when it comes to modding, but I think that adding the UAI innate ability in EEkeeper to Jaheira in BG1 doesn't work since that HLA doesn't really exist there. Not sure if you are playing BG1, 2 or SoD though as your OP doesn't state it. Maybe adding the OPcode directly works in BG1 though, haven't tried it.
    Skatan said:

Hello. I'm far from as knowledgeble as the guys above when it comes to modding, but I think that adding the UAI innate ability in EEkeeper to Jaheira in BG1 doesn't work since that HLA doesn't really exist there. Not sure if you are playing BG1, 2 or SoD though as your OP doesn't state it. Maybe adding the OPcode directly works in BG1 though, haven't tried it.

Yes indeed I was referring to bg1. That was the problem then. I'll have to edit the files manually then or try the OP code

It was indeed under effects. Add: then in the bottom box it was titled Item: Can Use Any Item

I used 'self, permanent' and made the constant value '1'. This worked for BG1. Thanks Mathsorcerer!
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    @Mathsorcerer am i doing something wrong?

this is for BGEE, but in game weapon still cant be equipped. Not sure what opcode 302 is or where it is either?
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    it worked for me but my screen looks different then yours, are you using the latest version of EE keeper ? and adding an effect ?
    Opcode 302 should be "use any item". Can you zip your save game file then upload it here?
    edited April 2016
    UAI isn't in BG1. However I found an effect called Item: Can Use Any Item that is essentially the same thing. However, its so inclusive it even allows you to put a shield or another weapon in your offhand while wielding two handers. Dual wielding like this doesn't actually do anything but it's funny.

Apply it with self, permanent, and constant value 1
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    Figured it out. Was using an old version of EEkeeper.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

UAI isn't in BG1. However I found an effect called Item: Can Use Any Item that is essentially the same thing. However, its so inclusive it even allows you to put a shield or another weapon in your offhand while wielding two handers. Dual wielding like this doesn't actually do anything but it's funny.

Weilding a buckler or smallshield and a dagger or a strapped shield for bow users is not unheard of.

I should make a proper highlander using that setup; arming sword (long sword) with a small shield and a dagger in offhand. No armor or helmet but with berzerker or barbarian rage.

If you're using 2.0 or 2.1, that isn't UAI, it's a new feature. The shield or off-hand weapon isn't active while wielding a 2-h weapon, but you no longer have to play inventory games to switch between them.
    BillyYank said:

If you're using 2.0 or 2.1, that isn't UAI, it's a new feature. The shield or off-hand weapon isn't active while wielding a 2-h weapon, but you no longer have to play inventory games to switch between them.

Nice feature! I wasn't aware of this. Is there a change log or patch notes for 2.0?

BillyYank said:

Nice feature! I wasn't aware of this. Is there a change log or patch notes for 2.0?
    Yes, there's pinned threads at the top of the BG and BGII subforums.