Skip to content

Beamdog Badassery

2»

Comments

• namenlosnamenlos Member Posts: 51
    @Objulen "You'll have a hard time doing that, chum. My civilization is in Alpha Centauri, and we've got Stasis Armor, Singularity Canons, and tanks with drop pods"

I dunno... depends on which Civ rules we're using, It's possible my horde of rampaging spearmen may be able to tear through your defenses if they get some lucky rolls >.>

I had/have an awesome version of Civ 2(?) that had Alpha Centauri(I think, my rockets took me to a new planet, AWESOME!) and this great little fantasy version with elves and magic and stuff(strange, mostly)...er, so is that what thou speakest of vile knave?

Oh, and I like the tolerance Beamdoggy has for these forums. I can imagine myself in their place just shutting the obvious trolls down and posting my own inane comments in response... hmmm, so I guess I like that they know how to generally run a business :D
  • ObjulenObjulen Member Posts: 93
    Crazy Civ rules don't count ;) Especially when said spearmen won't be making it to AC to begin with.

AC was it's own game that was made after the guy who made Civ got the boot by whatever company owned the rights at the time. He started his own company and made AC as the spiritual Civ 3.

And Beamdog does a good job with these forums. It usually doesn't help to be a tyrant on forums -- it just aggravates your community.
  • kanemikanemi Member Posts: 31

I'm generally happy with beamdogs decisions(with the exception of the new character creation, eww) but threads like these really triggers my gag reflex.

Should probably get that looked at, friend. The same thing happened to me with ice cream, and it turned out that I was actually lactose intolerant.
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    kanemi said:

I'm generally happy with beamdogs decisions(with the exception of the new character creation, eww) but threads like these really triggers my gag reflex.

Should probably get that looked at, friend. The same thing happened to me with ice cream, and it turned out that I was actually lactose intolerant.
    Not sure if I should like that, since not being able to eat icecream is a truly horrendous fate which I wouldn't wish on anyone.
  • namenlosnamenlos Member Posts: 51
    @Objulen Ah yes, I remember he went and made his own side project since he couldn't use the name... there was alpha centauri and another one right? I think I had the other one... or if it was just Alpha Centauri it was that, lol. No lie, the game was super difficult for me... though I was a lot younger when I first played them... maybe time to give them another go ^.^

...Crazy Civ rules are out!? :(
    Let me see if I can get a diplomatic victory or cultural, same end result as conquering!

My own heretical statement ^.^ I liked Civ 3, mostly for the interesting City view(or I thought it was).

---
    Hmmm Tyrants aggravate the people, this is good to know(writes in journal)

I both like and dislike the journal, I may be confused but didn't the personal journal get updated with more information automatically? The way it is now is great for an RP run, empty and easy to use.