Skip to content

Use improvements from “Spell Revisions”

2»

Comments

• Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    This mod doesnt make a good impression on me. Things like

Chaos - creatures 5 or more levels below than the caster are not allowed a save
    Tenser's Transformation - caster gains attacks per round as a fighter of equivalent level

should not belong in any game with a balance. A lvl6 area disabler with no save allowed. Right. Bards unite.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    Neither I nor Ardanis think Revisions mods can be really auto-included within BGEE for various reasons, but we're already working on making sure our mods will work with it (e.g. BGEE auto-including 1PP could make my life much easier for IR). What could/should be included is the huge work on fixes, or for example what we did to improve items/spells descriptions, or a few technical improvements when it comes to handling item/spell effects.

I signed in for the closed beta of BGEE to look myself into it and try to help, but I have very little time to actually test the game. I'll do my best.

Last but not least, I'd like to point out that whatever they/we do BGEE will surely not make Revisions mods fully redundant (e.g. some of our changes would break WotC copyrights, we often mix various PnP editions/settings, we include homebrew material, etc.). Players who have enjoyed our mods will still have to install them separately anyway, no matter what.
    Anton
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    Roller12 said:

This mod doesnt make a good impression on me. Things like

Chaos - creatures 5 or more levels below than the caster are not allowed a save
    Tenser's Transformation - caster gains attacks per round as a fighter of equivalent level

should not belong in any game with a balance. A lvl6 area disabler with no save allowed. Right. Bards unite.

I haven't noticed this post for some reason and I'd like to shortly comment on it.

Chaos - I actually made it follow AD&D more closely than vanilla BG did. The feature you mention is there in PnP, and there it's not 5+ lvls but just 1+, making it even more powerful. That being said, I' kinda agree with you (in fact I "nerfed" it compared to PnP - but bard's fast lvl-up is a real problem imo), and next version of SR will "fix" this balance problem.

Tenser's Transformation - once again, I followed PnP, and I'd like to point out that this spell does not give any extra attacks to multiclassed or dual-classed fighter/mages. SR simply makes TT a good spell choice for pure mages too, while vanilla's version is great only for the classic fighter-mage powergaming.

@Roller12, were those the worst examples you could find? :) If you think there are other cases where balance seems to be ruined and you have some time I'll gladly discuss it with you and you could be able to help me shaping the mod in a way that in the end may appeal you more. ;)
    syllog
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Just to put the other point of view across, and because I've never said thanks over at the G3 forums. It will be quite odd for me to play the BG series without SCS and the revisions mods, they have certainly added to the gameplay, are consistently high quality mods and I haven't found them unbalanced at all. Also looking forward to the expanded regeneration spells for druids and item and store revisions for BG.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @James
    Actually @DavidW is now among the Beta Team, so SCSI,II may be more likely adapted to BGEE sooner.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Bhryaen said:

@James
    Actually @DavidW is now among the Beta Team, so SCSI,II may be more likely adapted to BGEE sooner.

yeah I noticed thanks, I'll do a vanilla playthrough first anyway, might be nice not having reload every second fight
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @Demivrgvs any chances we would see updated version of mod with BGEE support?
    No matter what - thank you for the great mod!