Skip to content

I'm outraged!

RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
Hi.

Playing an inquisitor, and I realized that I'm now a fallen inquisitor. I've done nothing bad, my reputation have not gone down, I've done everything good. Why the **** did I become a fallen inquisitor? Is there anyway to restore this via cheats, because I don't want to reload a savegame that was an auto-saved at day 25, I'm at day 45 with HUGE amount of progress.

So, can I cheat my way back to glory or do I have to restart.

I'm furious right now at this. This really ruined my entire game.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Did you kill some crusaders in the Temple of Cyric, perchance?
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2016
    Dee said:

Yes I did. Sh*t.

EDIT: I just found a way to do this.

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited April 2016
    If you are willing to use EEKeeper, you might be able to find the fallen status in the local variables tab and remove it there. I'm not an EEkeeper expert by any means, but I'm sure you could find a solution by asking around.

Edit: could you share what you found? I would be interested in the solution for future reference.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Dee said:

If you are a blackguard and you save them, do you become a fallen blackguard?
    If not, I call shenanigans
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Lol. I just finished an Inquisitor playthrough. I freed them, then killed them when I destroyed the Crusader camp like a right and honorable person. Naturally, I did not use poison, I butchered them with a two handed sword. What is wrong with you? ;)
    Dee said:

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Juris said:

Lol. I just finished an Inquisitor playthrough. I freed them, then killed them when I destroyed the Crusader camp like a right and honorable person.

Would a right and honorable person really do that?!
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Troodon80 said:

@Purudaya,

Purudaya said:

If you are willing to use EEKeeper, you might be able to find the fallen status in the local variables tab and remove it there. I'm not an EEkeeper expert by any means, but I'm sure you could find a solution by asking around.

Edit: could you share what you found? I would be interested in the solution for future reference.

Easiest cheat solution without directly editing the save game in Keeper would be to use:

C:Eval('RegainPaladinHood()')
    Thanks for this :)
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Anyway it would be good to roleplay this, and gain back the paladin status in bg2
    after the quests for the paladin stronghold
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    God wills it! [followed by slaughter] ::Kingdom of Heaven quote:: (this is tongue in cheek)

• RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Purudaya said:

1. Put savegame in mpfolder.
    2. Drop all items
    3. Save
    4. Load
    5. Make a new character
    6. Give him the same amount of exp
    7. Level up
    8. Pick up your stuff
    9. Go and kill something
    10. Put savegame in sodsave again.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029

I mean, arguably. Killing helpless enemies who pose no immediate threat to your or others is generally considered not cool. Killing enemy combatants is generally considered pretty justifiable.

I did find myself wondering, when I did that quest, why I couldn't say "okay, you're free, but don't go back to the crusaders because sooner or later I'll be coming for them and you really don't want to be there when I do."
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Jarrakul said:

I mean, arguably. Killing helpless enemies who pose no immediate threat to your or others is generally considered not cool. Killing enemy combatants is generally considered pretty justifiable.

I did find myself wondering, when I did that quest, why I couldn't say "okay, you're free, but don't go back to the crusaders because sooner or later I'll be coming for them and you really don't want to be there when I do."
    Freeing prisoners and then killing them isn't really cool either, even if you are doing it to prevent them from rejoining the Crusade. That's not really in line with the Lawful Good alignment.