Skip to content

Suddenly cannot play BG2:EE

IldunIldun Member Posts: 34
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
Yesterday morning I still can play the game without problem, but at night the game stop responding after I load game or start new game. Can anyone please help me?

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    I can't play either. I removed from Beamdog launcher and now I can't get it to load up. It just hangs there loading
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    @Ildun
    Assuming you are on v2 of the game, and pc, could you try;

Use windows explorer to locate the baldur.lua file in documents > baldur's gate - enhanced edition
    Rename or temporarily move the file
    Launch the game
    Switch to windowed mode (alt/enter)
    Launch task manager (Ctrl/shift/esc)
    Arrange the windows so you can see the game and task manager together
    Load a game
    Review the task manager e.g. process/performance tabs if the game goes unresponsive

If you are playing in a language other than English or in multiplayer, does the issue happen if you switch to English and single player.
    Thanks
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @smeagolheart @Ildun try disabling your antivirus. We've been getting intermittent false-positives from different antivirus programs.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @Cerevant I have no extra antivirus installed, running win10 as admin.

I can remove and reinstall other beamdog products just fine, it's just BG2 that won't come back, I posted some some screenshots, but they seem to be gone... I can remove and re-add the beta for bg2ee no problem for example.
  • IldunIldun Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for reply, but now i can play again without doing anything, Steam sure is weird.