Skip to content

The Sword Coast and The North

13»

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And @Southpaw
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

Who in their right mind would choose Underdark? :smiley:

Technically some of the Dwarfhold options are firmly in the Underdark, they're just safer than practically anywhere else in the Underdark...but I wouldn't mind hanging out in Blingdenstone or Mantol-Derith. Mantol-Derith isn't really more dangerous than Luskan, and the former city is safer than some Dwarfholds!

But I get your point, I love svirfneblin and even I'd pick a strong Dwarven stronghold to venture into the Underdark from over a place that is of a comparative level of safety on the streets to Luskan or a place with xenophohic gnomes who would probably hate my human guts and try to toss me out to die if I popped into existence there.
  • dotsdots Member Posts: 37
    I keep looking at this poll, and my right mind says the Lord's Alliance or the Independent Realms, but my heart just can't say no to swimming with the giant evil fishes. :p
    edited May 2016
    The top 3 are the ones I figured the top 3 would be (and in the order I expected given the highly dwarfophilic nature of these forums), but the next 3 I expected would be the Island Kingdoms, elf lovers drinking some dew and the Underdark, pretty much in that order, and instead it's a tie between the Islands and spelljamming with a side order of tie votes of everything else except the Underdark, which is only beaten for last place by people not wanting to live without wings in a place where everyone flies to get anywhere.

Interesting choices!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    LONGSADDLE
    Full of crazy wizards ... I'd be with my people :')
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Longsaddle of the Long Road...
    Just imagine the long faces of its people hearing travelers snicker at them after a long working day. :no_mouth:
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited May 2016
    The best thing is, they can shrink horses to toy size ... I could have real my little ponies :blush:

The best thing is, they can shrink horses to toy size ... I could have real my little ponies :blush:

Horses eat ants along with grass, so I wonder if tiny ponies would do battle with and devour ants if shrunk down to their size.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016

which would mean that the hints and rumblings of a WotC Planescape adventure potentially coming down the pipe after they do Dragonlance and probably Greyhawk could mean a 5e setting book

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Planescape Setting, and I just don't get enough of it after PST. I'd like to do my own 5E Planescape Adventure (which would be a homebrew P&P campaign** that I would DM) someday, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'd probably also make a NWN2 style campaign for this if the rumored BGNext includes a toolset a la the Toolset that NWN2 had.

• AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    How would a vampire fare in the Underdark?
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    If they have a population to feed on, well...it depends. Underdark civilizations tend to be more dangerous than surface civilizations, but vampires benefit from no sunlight ever.

In one of RA Salvatore's novels there's a group of vampires preying on drow in Gauntlgrym.