Skip to content

Problem after killing Bodhi

carcaracarcara Member Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
I've killed Bodhi in her lair and eliminated all enemies at the dungeon. When i'm reporting to Aran's he ask me to kill her, even i'm haveing Bodhi's Black Heart and Lanthorn.
At the Quest - Aran's tasks to receive the Shadow Thieves' aid, the last entry is to met Haz, who will open blue doors from me.
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2016
    (withdrawn)
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Did you try going to the gates and talking to Haz ( the mage guy ? ) it might want that first. You also need to clear out all the vamps too, so go in all the rooms in her lair/basement and then use the stakes to kill the vampires in the coffins south of the blood room. I cant remember but maybe when you go back recheck all the rooms too for any scrolls or things to read that may have been forgotten too. Though I don't remember any of those sitting around.

But try talking to haz if you hadn't gone by the main entrance with the golem/mage ( haz ) and took the side door in. Those are the only 2 things I can think of.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited May 2016
    I'm confused. In what chapter are you? If you have Bodhi's heart and he Lanthorn you should go with them to Elhan (the elves leader at the Underdark exit) not to Aran Linvail.
    Because you have those items you may also just be able to go back to the elf guy where you came out from underdark and continue the quest. Not sure what gets lost by not going back to the shadow thieves though.
    But double check the coffins too, and talk to haz, and check for any items/monsters leftover first.
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    I'm guessing it is still this problem for you?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49489/cant-advance-to-chapter-3-on-android#latest

Still can not figure out what went wrong with your game.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    If you can zip/attach a save we may be able to work out what is happening.
    Thanks
  • carcaracarcara Member Posts: 13
    1 - Haz is not there and the doors are open. I killed all vampires. In fact sometimes the doors are closed if i entered in the spiders lair, but Haz is not there.
    2 - Chapter 9. I'm going to Aran to try to finish the quest.
    3 - Which elf guy?
    4 - Did it a lot of times.
    Looks like that only contains the folder and not it's contents
    Cant remember his name, like right after underdark when she teleports you out you fight through an elf temple and meet up with some elf commander. Try talking to him now you have the items.
    Sorry, wrong file.

Could you point the location to me Marzbarz?
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-6/areas/underdark-exit-area.php

That area. That's where you bring the lanthorn/heart. Will hopefully update for you when you return to him.
    Hi @carcara
    From what I can see you should be in chapter 3 instead of 9 (which is into Throne of Bhaal...) and you should not have been able to kill Bodhi this early.

I've set the chapter back which will see Haz arrive and potentially redo the vampire lair but lots of your journal quests won't show and you may find you run into several other issues.
    Ok i'll test, thanks a lot
    Hi @Gate70

All my quests are gone but i could find Haz.

I can't remenber the link, but there is a way to add Haz to the Dungeon with a command and overcome the bug without reset all quests.
    Could we thy this way?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    C:CreateCreature("ARNFGT06") will spawn Haz, but you're just going to keep running into problems if your game is set to the wrong chapter.
    As @joluv says, you can do that but your next problem will be Lassal not appearing. Or his cohorts, and therefore Bodhi. Aran Linvail won't then allow you to continue. You can work through those issues one at a time but it would seem better to try and continue without the journal entries.

Worst case scenario is that you have to go back to an earlier save or start afresh, and hope whatever caused the issue doesn't happen again. Or if it does, spotting it early so we can work out the cause.
    I'm sure the problem happened when i imported my old save since i have Imoen in my party.
    Do you know if it is possible to take the quests that wore im my journal again?
    The quests you've done will most likely already be completed. You'll have the XP for them, and the global variables for them so later quests will recognise their state. The journal will be blank as they're probably referenced under later chapters.

If you have a save editor like EE Keeper you'll probably see them held under chapters 6-9.