Skip to content

Is this something to be exited about?

2»

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2012
    To the OP: It's up to you whether is there something to get excited or not. And you're definitely not the first to say something along the lines of "it's not enhanced enough". But of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion of what constitutes a properly "enhanced" version of the game.

With that said, I'd still argue that some folks, when suggesting features or changes, seem to be asking for a whole different game (I'm not saying that's the case with you) - wouldn't you say that's kind of missing the point of this project?

It's not about a new game - it's about making it available not only to a new generation of gamers, but also to the old fans who are having more and more trouble running it smoothly with every upgrade to their hardware. How many classic games have been given that treatment recently? I'd wager not too many.

Me, I'm just happy to get a truly stable, bugfixed, slightly improved version of the game that's also running on the BG2 engine (which made the BG1 version obsolete, you have to agree, even if BG1 is your favorite of the series for other reasons).

Everything on top of that is an added bonus. To be honest, I don't particularly care about new quests or NPCs - sure, it's nice to have that, but I would have bought the EE anyway. I'd even go as far as saying I'd rather have an EE either without them or as DLCs. But to be fair, judging from the previews, the new NPCs might grow on me.

And I'm not buying it on the hopes of getting a BG3, either. I (like a few others on this board) am of the opinion that there's no point in stretching the story any further than ToB already did.