Skip to content

BG2EE: Missing Jahiera Interjection

ButtersconeButterscone Member Posts: 6
Jahiera is supposed to interject at the end of the conversation with Rielev. The only way I've been able to see this is with the More Interjections component of BG2 Tweaks and Jahiera positioned outside of the room.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    Works fine for me in an unmodded game. If Imoen is in the party and in sight her dialogue takes precedence and Jaheira won't speak her lines.
  • ButtersconeButterscone Member Posts: 6
    But why would Imoen's dialogue take precedence when in sight? As your screenshot shows, Jaheira's lines don't stop Imoen from speaking even if she isn't in sight. It's inconsistent. Maybe Jaheira not alway's interjecting is a bug. Not it's that big of a deal. It's a minor thing. And I'm no programmer so I could be just pulling things out of my ass.

On a side note, whether Rielev's line "I thank thee..." is voiced or not is dependent on whether or not Jaheira interjects.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    edited May 2016
    There are two conditions as below which seem intentional.
    One dialogue path if Imoen is in sight, another if she is not.

InParty("Imoen") See("Imoen") !Dead("Imoen") !StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING) See(Player1)

OR(5) !InParty("Imoen") Dead("Imoen") !See("Imoen") StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING) !See(Player1)

Strref 11842 with Imoen absent has no voiceover
    I thank ye... go and leave me to oblivion at last.
    Strref 37848 with Imoen present has voiceover, but not for the last two words
    I thank thee. Go and leave me to oblivion at last. Sweet sleep...

That bit looks like it could be reported