Skip to content

Missing Achievements

AuraofManaAuraofMana Member Posts: 24
I know there have been a few threads on these, but I figured I start a new one since all the ones I found are old.

Basically, for Dragonspear, I have all achievements except:

I Don't Care - I am assuming you have to somehow not get Belt to think you are innocent, then someone offers you a way to escape the sewers and you meet Corwin somehow? Anyone know how to trigger this?

Tapped into the Void - How does this work?

Riddlemaster - Do you have to purposely fail Ancient Mehrirs (the last one stone close to the petrified statues), trigger the riddle (answer is "Wind..."), then answer both the other riddles (one is in the Underground River, after you meet 2 fisherfolks and you need to use your glasses and pull the spirit to the material realm, the other is Thrix which you meet as part of your main quest. Correct me if this isn't the case.

Grim Deeds to Come... - Is this bugged? Seems like it should trigger before the credits.

All the Allies - How does this work? I got the Ogres and the Dwarves to show up.

All the Enemies - Not sure.

You Chose... Poorly - I got the devil to claim 2 different souls in 2 different saves, but... no achievement. Bugged?

===================

I got every other achievement (including ones in BGEE, except Friend of Volo, Going Solo, and Lord of Murder), so if someone needs help on those just ask below.

Pro tips:

1. Family Reunion requires you to run back to the Coalition Camp to trigger it.

2. Some achievements doesn't work the first time. Don't ask me why. Just keep reloading until it does. Four on One and Inside Job are two examples I recall off the top of my head. in BGEE, Water, Water Everywhere and Fishermen's Foe were like this as well.

===================

P.S. Anyway to get Caelar to survive and not stay behind to close the gate and stand trial?

Comments

• Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Major spoilers.

I Don't Care - You have to incriminate yourself at the trial. You then escape through the sewers and when you meet up with Duncan Bence and Corwin, plead innocent and surrender to her. This will trigger a battle between Corwin and Bence because he want's you dead and then Corwin believes you.

Tapped into the Void - After you fix the stone that comes up through the floor of Bridgefort and everything is finished. Click on the area where the rock used to be. That's where you get the void stones. Take them to Jegg the Blacksmith.

Riddlemaster - Answer the Menhir's, Vidyadhar and Thrix's riddles correctly. Answers: Wind blowing in a tree next to a river, Bees, Murder.

Note: Vidyadhar is next to the Sahuagin in the Underground River section and you need the Spectacles of Spectacle to summon him.

You Chose... Poorly. Some people have got this, some people haven't. Seems like one you need to reload until it unlocks.

Nobody seems to have the below and we believe are Bugged:
    All the Allies - Requires the Stone Golem and Murs & Slug's Ogres.
    All the Enemies - Strunk and his Water Elementals, Rigah (Julann and Rigah), Munsch from Boareskyr Bridge
    Grim Deeds to Come - Should pop up with you get ambushed and before the end credits

P.S. No, there's no way for Caeler to come back with you. She either dies fighting against you or stays and closes the portal if she fights with you.
  • AuraofManaAuraofMana Member Posts: 24
    Who is Munsch? Also wouldn't Corinth (the guy on trial in the outer part of Dragonspear) also count as an extra enemy? He leaves the Crusade if he survives the trial and you talk to him. Now that I think about it, Valis (the one trying to blame him) also dies. So maybe you need to keep both alive?

Stone Golem... Damn it one my latest run I killed that Mage already...
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited May 2016
    That is

Delgar Munsch
    in the crusader's camp at Bridgefort

You Chose... Poorly: I've given up on that one. I get the journal entry that I've lost a companion, I get the banter, but no achievement. Retried more than a dozen times, even with different playthroughs. It just doesn't work. Some people say one gets the achievement immediately after talking to Thrix ends. Doesn't work, and I'm running v2.2.65.0 beta meanwhile.
    I just tried it. You Chose... Poorly works. You just need to reload a lot.
    A requirement to "reload a lot" is an odd understanding of "works".

The achievement script may trigger under unknown circumstances, but here it is completely broken. The last thing I tried was disabling the journal popups, but that doesn't help either.
  • abstrackabstrack Member Posts: 2

That is

Delgar Munsch

in the crusader's camp at Bridgefort

You Chose... Poorly: I've given up on that one. I get the journal entry that I've lost a companion, I get the banter, but no achievement. Retried more than a dozen times, even with different playthroughs. It just doesn't work. Some people say one gets the achievement immediately after talking to Thrix ends. Doesn't work, and I'm running v2.2.65.0 beta meanwhile.
    v2.2.65.0 beta??? How can I download?
    abstrack said:

As a Steam user, in the beta channel for BGEE.
  • abstrackabstrack Member Posts: 2

abstrack said:

As a Steam user, in the beta channel for BGEE.
    i didnt found it... :( can u give me a link pls?
    So just to be clear:

Riddlemaster requires you to answer 3 puzzles.
    1. Menhir's -> The one next to the statues. Click on it last, and make sure you have a low charisma (maybe set it to like 7 or something with EE Keeper). Talk to it, and it'll ask you a riddle. The answer is: "Wind blowing in a tree next to a river."
    2. A Rakshasa you can summon with the Spectacles. It's in the Underground Rivers, next to the two "fishfolks." Can't miss it if you have the Spectacles on. The answer is: "Bees."
    3. During the main quest near the end, you'll encounter a demon who will talk to you before you step throw a door. Accept his challenge and answer his riddle. The answer is, "Murder."

The worst part about this achievement is the fact that #1 requires you to have a low charisma character. This is an achievement most people won't get naturally...

This is such a badly designed achievement.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I didn't know about the low charisma requirement because my character already had a low charisma.

In the patch update, they've fixed some achievements which a lot of people already have. The bugged achievements are still bugged. :/
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    For You Chose...Poorly, have the people who have received it had a specific party? In my playthrough I had Minsc and Dynaheir, Corwin, Glint, and M'Khiin. Only Glint and M'Khiin were options to gamble with, and trying them both multiple times never unlocked the achievement.

I wonder if only certain NPCs are correctly flagged to trigger the achievement.

For All the Enemies, I noticed that we can complete Julann's quest by providing the evidence against Herphernaan but she doesn't believe us without Dynaheir or the correct dialogue options, so she and Rigah leave. I wonder if this step is needed along with having Strunk leave, and if there is a specific dialogue option for Munsch that causes him to appear at the battle.

I'm actually having trouble with In the Name of the Father. I made a save in the Cyric temple and then freed the eyeless priestess with both dialogue options and only unlocked the good achievement. I've tried different dialogue paths, freed her before obtaining the wardstone and after, before and after killing the mindflayer, but haven't unlocked it. I did a clean reinstall of the game and will go through another playthrough to try, but I did see that the latest patch corrected an issue where the achievement was unlocked when choosing the other dialogue option, so I'm wondering if the patch is now preventing this from unlocking at all.
    For "You Chose... Poorly": I got it with Glint.

Not sure about "All the Enemies" Isn't this one still bugged?

"Name of the Father": I got both the first time I asked her to do good or whatever. Not sure about now.
    I was able to get both All the Allies and All the Enemies achievements. I included the information on how I got those in this thread

I think Name of the Father is bugged because it triggered when asking the priestess to do good deeds in the previous version, so Beamdog overcorrected and prevented it from triggering at all in the latest patch. By the time I got to that quest my version had already been updated to the latest patch. I submitted a bug report and they said it will be fixed in the next patch.
    Did you get "Grim Deeds to Come"?
    Not yet, no. I think it's still bugged.
    Vbibbi said:

For You Chose...Poorly, have the people who have received it had a specific party? In my playthrough I had Minsc and Dynaheir, Corwin, Glint, and M'Khiin. Only Glint and M'Khiin were options to gamble with, and trying them both multiple times never unlocked the achievement.

Sometimes Thrix cycles through the other companions, too, and regardless of whom you've chosen and agreed on already, he suggests even another and repeats that until he's happy. As pointed out above, reloading didn't work for me either. I've tried Glint, Minsc, Corwin, M'Khiin, probably also Dynaheir. There is a journal entry about that, but never the achievement.
    I did eventually get You Chose...Poorly. I am not sure if there are flags that have to be met or if it's just bugged. I couldn't get it in my first playthrough with Corwin, Glint, Minsc, Dynaheir, and M'Khiin, no matter whom I chose or how many times I loaded. But then in my next playthrough it triggered when I chose Neera. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an unrelated flag elsewhere in the game that needs to be marked in order for the achievement to load. My second playthrough was to get the riddlemaster achievement as well as a few others, so it could be that I just happened to trigger the correct unassociated flag in my second playthrough.
    Still cannot get "You Chose...Poorly". Only get the journal entry that I've lost a companion to Thrix.

What else could be important? Using Story Mode for retrying these achievements with older savegames perhaps?
    The playthrough where I got it was a story mode speed run. I did the bare minimum of side content other than getting the riddles for the Riddlemaster achievement (I saved before talking to Thrix, got his riddle right for that achievement, then reloaded and got it wrong for the YC...P achievement).

Or it could be the companions in the party? Corwin, Minsc, and Dynaheir were unable to be offered, so I only had Glint and M'Khiin in my unsuccessful attempt. The second attempt I only had four companions with me, don't know if that matters, and I had Safana, Viconia, Neera, and Voghlin in the party. Maybe try that combination of party members?
    Vbibbi said:

Maybe try that combination of party members?

Perhaps in a future attempt. I've tried it too often already. Journal entry always says I've "lost" a companion to Thrix, but no achievement is granted.

Is the companion removed from the party eventually? That also doesn't happen here.

No, I've never actually had a companion removed from the party, even when I got the achievement. Thrix always says he'll collect later.
    So does anyone actually know how to get in the latest beta? The previous beta codes DO NOT WORK.
    I uninstalled beta v2.2 and then reinstalled and it looks like it updated to the current beta. I was able to get In the Name of the Father which had been bugged for me and I know was in the latest beta patch. Try going back to the non-beta version then reinstalling. The previous codes were listed invalid for me as well.
    Wait, if I uninstall it and reinstall it, wouldn't it just get me to the latest stable build? To go into beta, I need to select a specific beta version, don't I? If v2.3 doesn't show up, how would that work?
    I am really not sure how the beta stuff functions. But when I reverted to non beta then reinstalled beta, even though the version name didn't change there were updates to my game, which is how I got the achievement that had bugged on me. I would try it, at least, since it won't mess up your saves and you can always save a copy of the saves just in case.
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    Hey guys, I think I found a few fixes for some of these bugged achievements. I just got "You Chose... Poorly" by
    wagering Glint's soul, guessing incorrectly and then pausing immediately after the dialogue with Thrix finishes. I then selected Glint and had him talk to Thrix, and (for some reason) that allowed the achievement to pop. It must have something to do with the forced conversation Glint initiates after you sacrifice his soul.

Another example was with "All The Allies."
    I had the Stone Golem and two ogres helping me with the battle, but it wasn't popping whenever I used the explosives to knock down the front gate. Instead I took the alternate route to enter the castle from the rear, and it popped that way.

Hope this helps!
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @DanTehMan I tried your trick for You Chose... Poorly and no luck. I tried with Glint, Voghiln, and Rasaad and none of them worked. Oh well back to waiting for a patch I suppose.
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    Darn, sorry to hear that @gugulug5000. I tried about 30 times to get the achievement to pop normally, and it wasn't until I tried that trick that I got it. If you feel so inclined, you might want to try playing around with that idea a bit... maybe it just needs some finessing. At the very least, the good news is that the achievement isn't 100% broken, I guess.
    edited October 2016
    @DanTehMan

Worked for me a bit differently. I paused the game immediately after Thrix ended talking and before he teleported away. Then I quicksaved the game before the sacrificed companion started complaining to me:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/364039785157777439/#c350544272223653990