Skip to content

A bug with the skald PP score

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,749
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bards/Blades Pick Pockets and Lore.

Since @Belfaldurnik doesn't want to register it on the Redmine, I have splut the discussion from 2014 year and put new comments here.

Comments

• BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    elminster said:

Basically things are really messed up at the moment. Right now a half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity starts out with 14 in pick pocket. Being a half-elf should be granting them 10, 18 dexterity should be granting them 10, and the human bard (without a dexterity bonus) starts out at 40. A half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity should be starting out with 30 (40/4 + 10 +10). Instead I'm guessing that the game is taking the racial and stat bonuses, dividing them each by 4, rounding that down, and then adding that (4 points) to the rest of the pick pocket score (which would be 10 since its also divided by four). Its the same situation for blades.

Report #7421 for any of the beta testers or devs looking at this post.

Seems that it is still broken. Level 1 half-elf skald pickpockets 14, level 2 pickpockets 15.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

elminster said:

Basically things are really messed up at the moment. Right now a half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity starts out with 14 in pick pocket. Being a half-elf should be granting them 10, 18 dexterity should be granting them 10, and the human bard (without a dexterity bonus) starts out at 40. A half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity should be starting out with 30 (40/4 + 10 +10). Instead I'm guessing that the game is taking the racial and stat bonuses, dividing them each by 4, rounding that down, and then adding that (4 points) to the rest of the pick pocket score (which would be 10 since its also divided by four). Its the same situation for blades.

Report #7421 for any of the beta testers or devs looking at this post.

Seems that it is still broken. Level 1 half-elf skald pickpockets 14, level 2 pickpockets 15.
    Please make another error report on redmine, the devs probably might not see a problem posted here.
    I am aware of the "shiny new bug tracker" (and have done a few searches in it on other issues and have found inaccessible tickets, duplicates and months old tickets without any response), but I am not registered there.

It would be much faster for a community supporter, who is active in the bug tracker already, to open a ticket and link @elminster 's post above.
    Oh, and more comment on the suggestion of opening a new ticket:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/28833/known-7421-core-blade-and-skald-pickpocket-ability
    elminster said:

Not that I want to be the bearer of bad news but its not getting addressed. Apparently that would open a can of worms, but I don't know anything more than that.

I'll leave it to the makers of this game whether to keep it broken.