Skip to content

When will the saemon bug ever be fixed?

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
Once again I am in brynlaw. Once again Saemon isn't at the docks. It's getting quite annoying. When can we expect this bug to be fixed?

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. What makes this bug so difficult to fix? Although not everyone gets it. Still it did make it's way into the enhanced edition of the game^^
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    edited May 2016
    My memory might be failing, but wasn't it due to the party leaving the tavern before Saemon leaves? I stopped having trouble with this bug once I let Saemon leave first.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    bleusteel said:

My memory might be failing, but wasn't it due to the party leaving the tavern before Saemon leaves? I stopped having trouble with this bug once I let Saemon leave first.

I thought so too, but I watch him walk out. Wait a bit...and still nothing. Which sucks as I always feel cheated when I miss the sanghuin map.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Does just spawning him with the console not work? Obviously that's a poor substitute for actually fixing the bug even if it does work, but it's something.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,882
    What version of the game is this with @Grum

There have been several fixes for Saemon, the most recent of which should be in v2.0 and later.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

What version of the game is this with @Grum

There have been several fixes for Saemon, the most recent of which should be in v2.0 and later.
    Thanks

v1.3 on iPhone

So if it's fixed in 2.0 I now have this play through on hold for the patch as well as my bg1 play through...
    Some fixes are not retro-active but I've checked in v1.3 plus v2.2 and can confirm Saemon makes his arrival even with a previously affected save.

Most players cannot get saves off iPad/iPhone at present otherwise we could provide a workaround. The cause of Saemon not appearing is to do with Ginia and Chremy, hence the addition to the first post on the 1.3 report of this issue.
    "DO NOT KILL CHREMY WITHOUT SPEAKING TO GINIA, OR SAEMON WILL NOT APPEAR LATER"

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37918/11155-saemon-havarian-should-appear-next-to-the-pirate-ship-after-leaving-the-vulgar-monkey-inn/p1
    Gate70 said:

Some fixes are not retro-active but I've checked in v1.3 plus v2.2 and can confirm Saemon makes his arrival even with a previously affected save.

Most players cannot get saves off iPad/iPhone at present otherwise we could provide a workaround. The cause of Saemon not appearing is to do with Ginia and Chremy, hence the addition to the first post on the 1.3 report of this issue.
    "DO NOT KILL CHREMY WITHOUT SPEAKING TO GINIA, OR SAEMON WILL NOT APPEAR LATER"

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37918/11155-saemon-havarian-should-appear-next-to-the-pirate-ship-after-leaving-the-vulgar-monkey-inn/p1

Ah I see! So that was my issue. I've got a save right before returning to brynlaw after the asylum so I'll save it for the patch.

Thank you
  • clarosclaros Member Posts: 4
    I also play at my andro with that vers..
    And saemon never appear. The problem is i dont hv any save game before saemon left the inn.
    Gate70 said:

Try this @claros

Thx gate..
    Its happen again :(
    Saemon never appear.
    Pls fix it :(
    Try this @claros

To prevent it in future, make sure you deal with Chremy and Ginia before entering Spellhold, or leave Chremy alive if not helping Ginia.
    Thx again gate..