Skip to content

Can I get rid of repetitive sentences?

You know, the famous "You must gather your party..." is cool... The first 100 times you hear it. After that it starts to get old. Even worse is Yoshimo's "All the world is blind to my passing". Is there a way of silencing those?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Tweaks Anthology has an option for silencing the 'gather your party' message. If you want a simple change I've linked two silent .wav files that replace the sounds. Drop them in your override folder.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    IWDEE with the latest patch silences those by default. I haven't tried BG1/2 for quite some time thou.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    "Better part of valor! Better part of valor!" got so annoying I ended up making Khalid investigate a room upstairs in a house of Beregost, and then slipping away when he was otherwise busy.

I imagine he's still there... cowering in the corner... scared of the door, or a window, or something.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Well, for interesti g banter I cannot reccommend higher than Noober.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I get really sick of the full-inventory sounds.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806

I've linked two silent .wav files that replace the sounds. Drop them in your override folder.

Nice! Thank you very much :smile:

In case I (or someone else) want to silence other sounds, can you explain how you find out what name belongs to what sound (i.e., how you knew that the name of the file had to be yoshim41)?
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Sorry for the necromancy, but I'm having the same problem with Valygar's "I'm certain I am out of sight...". @AionZ: Can you give me the name of the file for that one?