Skip to content

Exagerrated muscular male body type

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
OK, lets do this, we got a thread for scantily clad ladies, armor designed for protection, and male love. Now we need one for the argument that everyone just love to ignore when it comes to sexualization and destructive imagery of the human figure, the overly muscular heroic male body type. You know the ones I'm talking about, not the strongman competition body type, but the mr univserse style of bodies... Ok you can toss in some strong man bodies if you want :lol:

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Since it's allowed, I submit a strongman body.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    The pinnacle of human physique ladies and gentlemen.

Just like Arnold before him.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Arnie better start hitting the steroids again.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited May 2016
    I think it's plausible to build your body like that with your daily work and workout.
    It proves you have strong will to achieve it.
    In ancient Greek this was mandatory look for the sports games.

@joluv , I don't support steroids also. Just hard workout.
    Post edited by brus on
    Mainstream professional bodybuilders (including Arnold and Calum above) all use steroids, and they're pretty open about it.
    If you check out some of the articles here about ancient Greek athletic art, you'll see that the athletes' physiques probably weren't very similar to the ones above. Example:
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Of course nutrition and exercise disciplines weren't nearly as advanced back then. Still it's highly unlikely the top body builders are 100.00 % clean.
    edited May 2016
    brus said:

@joluv , I don't support steroids also. Just hard workout.

Right, I'm just saying that no one can expect to look like a top bodybuilder via hard workouts alone. Those guys are walking science experiments, and the concept of that as an "ideal" is very recent. If you want aspirational male body shapes, maybe consider top athletes. They at least have to pretend they're not shooting up HGH every day, and their bodies are good for something other than just standing there.

Edit: To be clear, those are just especially bodybuilderish top athletes. Steph Curry, Lionel Messi, Mike Trout, and Marshawn Lynch would have been equally valid substitutes, and they all have more "normal"-looking bodies.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited May 2016
    @joluv Well you have that which is all fine and good and then you have this

The guys you posted look great. This doesn't.
    Exactly. Better to be this Víctor Martínez:
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I always get this strange physical reaction when I see pictures of men that are that overbuilt. It actually makes me wince, it looks… painful. lol I can’t believe that it’s healthy.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @DragonKing This is just a very small part of a much larger version.
    edited May 2016
    Hold up... Iggy Pop??

Edit: Also, weird part in the longer version re: endo/meso/ectomorphs and how mesomorphs are the only ones who get the "classic musclebound physique." That's a very outdated and originally problematic taxonomy (plus the study was creepy). And then the examples given are sprinters, quarterbacks and wrestlers, specifically. Here are a great sprinter (Asafa Powell), a great quarterback (Aaron Rodgers), and a great wrestler (Jordan Burroughs):

Sprinters tend to be pretty jacked, especially compared to distance runners; quarterbacks can get away with being all kinds of doughy; and wrestlers have weight classes so are obviously not going to have a bunch of fat. All around a strange comment.
    Post edited by joluv on
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977

@DragonKing This is just a very small part of a much larger version.

@Buttercheese Oh I know, but that is all that was really needed for the above discussion.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The Mountain doesn't need no steroids.
    Maybe not, but Hafþór Björnsson sure as hell does.
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    Off season bodybuilders, or strongmen? The eternal question.