Skip to content

Weapon creation effect for offhand?

levilumolevilumo Member Posts: 8
I'm trying to create a spell that would summon two weapons and equip them in either hand with NI. I've got it working except that I am currently using the Create inventory item (122) for the offhand weapon and equipping it manually, which is annoying. The main hand uses the Equip weapon effect (113) which equips to the main hand with no option to equip to offhand as far as I can determine. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Can you set the weapon to appear in the shield slot? AFAIK this will destroy any item you have in that slot though.
  • levilumolevilumo Member Posts: 8
    @Artemius_I To clarify - there is no option that I can find to determine where the items are created exactly, neither for 122 or 113 - first open inventory slot and main hand are used respectively. :smile:

Or do you mean a different effect like Equip shield or smth.? I can't find it, there are a lot of effects, don't know what to look for.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    (Assuming I've understood what you are asking for) you probably can use (143) Create Item in Slot. That is probably the closest you are going to get (at least with just a spell).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterlevilumojackjack
    Tried it with main hand as 113 and offhand as 143 and both as 143. For both cases the one that is created later is getting equipped. The other one (the one created first) exhibits the behaviour you outlined - needs re-equipping before appearing in game. :neutral: If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Got it to work with the following:

Create item in slot (143) for offhand
    Create weapon (111) for main hand

Awjiss :smiley:
    elminster
    Grammarsalad
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Did anyone catch my comment about this likely destroying your offhand item...? :'(
    elminsterlansounetlevilumojackjack
    elminsterjackjack
    JFYI

Tried it, with a dagger +1 in main hand and regular dagger in offhand - the dagger +1 remains as expected (both during and after the magical weapon is in use), but the regular dagger in the shield slot disappears. It's neither moved to the inventory or dropped, just vanishes like @Artemius_I said. I'm okay with that for my use case, but dem seem to be the brakes right now.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2016
    @levilumo hey, I saw that others are using the Create Item in Slot opcode. I do not suggest that, because if you want the weapons to function like flame blade or spiritual hammer, you would 1) not want them to even be visible in the inventory, and 2) want them to be dispellable and not to remove anything from the inventory. I would suggest sticking to one weapon or the other with 2 abilities with create magical weapon opcode, and just have each ability summon a different thing. Another thing you could do is set the slot to Fist so that you can use the weapon only when needed by clicking the fist icon in combat.

EDIT: I made a special ability for the normal dagger to spawn Nester or Kylees dagger. You could replace a normal weapon with your first modified weapon, then give it the ability to spawn the second one... Template for daggers included below (unzip and open in NI or DLTCEP).

Thank you for your time.
  • ancientclownancientclown Member Posts: 15
    Blessings Everyone;

I haven't played around with creating any mods myself...yet...but was just thinking if it would be possible to have duel wielding characters be able to switch out BOTH weapons when going unarmed.
    Example MONK: 'll have the unarmed slot open, followed by a melee choice, then range choice(sling/dart).
    As unarmed is crushing damage, and swords slash/pierce in order to quickly switch back and forth between damage styles, i actually have to disarm the offhand weapon. not with sling though, or if i had a shield instead of a different weapon.
    This is why i'm wondering if it would be possible to have it ignore offhand weapon, when duel wield and going unarmed, without moving weapon to inventory...have it treated either in sling format or shield when you switch between two-handed and single handed weapons...shields aren't unequipped.
    Hope i phrased that thought process coherently...and please feel free to take those thoughts and expand on them as need be.

ac