Skip to content

A few questions/stuff I don't understand (Icewind Dale bugs - can't complete quests)

ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
1) How come every monster I kill respawns after 1 minute? It's kinda unnerving, I don't like it. Does it have to be this way?
2) The tavern lady asked that I help her with her cochroaches problem. I killed all 3-4 of them that are in the cellar, I come back to her... and I still get the line that "I'm still working on it" as opposed to "I solved it"...how come?
3) I'm not getting any experience points for killing creatures. Why is that?
4) The boy near the bridge asked me to help him get his fish back since monsters took it. I killed all the goblins and looked around where he said he was, but there was no fish.
5) How does looting work? I killed about 10 creatures (70 if you count respawning) and I don't have a single loot item. The red "quick loot" icon (I believe it's quick loot at least) is turned on, but I don't get any loot, and clicking on the bodies doesn't help.
Post edited by Valeriya on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Valeriya would help to have some more information, and a zipped save if you can attach one.

Do you have version 1.4 of the game.
    What difficulty level are you playing.
    Is this every area, or specific areas.

I was looking at another issue so had the game open - screenshot attached of the (mostly eaten) fish which one of the goblins should drop.
  • ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2016
    Yes, my Icewind Dale version is 1.4 (Running Android version 4.4.2, Galaxy S4), I just bought it a few days ago. I attached my saved game (after I killed some of those goblins). BTW, I killed so many goblins and I have nothing in my inventory (like all the stuff I see in your screenshot). I am playing on the easiest level (mostly playing for the story not the fighting).

I also killed the wolf at this shopowner's house and when I go talk to him-- nothing! Like I still haven't solved his problem. Although the saved game I attached is before the wolf.

So no experience points, no ability to solve quests, and everyone I kill respawns after a minute or two. What gives? :( No point in playing with such majorly weird bugs.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited May 2016
    OK that helps @Valeriya and hopefully a simple solution that will get you adventuring again.

You've not killed anything, they are all unconscious. This is because you have fists equipped and no weapon.

Go to the Inventory screen (1 on screenshot)
    Click the quarterstaff (2)
    Click on the character paperdoll (3)
    Quarterstaff should be equipped in a weapon slot (4)
    Click on the next character's portrait on the right. Repeat the steps above for each character.