Skip to content

Hoodies for non-rogue classes please...

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Okay, been playing BG2 with a Wildmage so as to get used to the class when I start BG:EE.

The thing that is bugging me the most... What is really irritating me... Annoying me enough to not play the class is...

How come I can't wear a hood!

The cowled wizards get a cowl, I mean a hood. WHY CAN'T I HAVE ONE!

I need to hide my face... Assasins tried to kill me in the bunk house... I have very low charisma... Well I got a ring now...

BUT THATS NOT THE POINT!

I would like the ability to go to a shop and buy a hood. It would do nothing apart from hide ones face and perhaps keep off rain... It would then allow my avatar to have a hood AND MAKE HIM / HER LOOK COOL!

Please oh please oh please... Give hoodies to non-rogue classes. Just think Edwin could match his avatar!

I would like to classify this as a bug, but it is clearly non-game breaking... Oh well. We can dream. Maybe someone else is irritated by this...

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2012
    Logically, all cloaks should "hood" the wearer when worn. Otherwise, it's a cape.

There should be a cursed "Cape of Tackiness" that sets your Charisma score to 3.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @deb Yes... But what if you wanna wear another cloak... Like Vecna's
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I just wanna be buck-ass naked. Can we make this happen? IT'S NAKEY TIME.
    I wouldn't mind being able to go naked, if I could also get a hood to put my snake in...
    Look. A lady mage wants to use her helmet slot just like everyone else!

@hahacharade ...you started this :P
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2012
    Anduin said:

I wouldn't mind being able to go naked, if I could also get a hood to put my snake in...

This is going to turn into the "Golems Need Loving Too" thread again isn't it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I like the idea of cloaks giving a "hooded" animation if there's nothing in the helmet slot, although not every cloak should do that.

It also always kind of bothered me that a thief in plate armor (with Use Any Item) doesn't have a hood.
    edited October 2012
    Shirley, the hood is tucked under the plate armour?

And Sue, where is the mages hood tucked into? Is it made invisible because of their awesome arcane might?
    Post edited by Anduin on
    A hood... Robin wouldn't have dated Maid Marionne without one...
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Does the thief hood from TOB give you a hood animation when you are wearing full plate with a thief?
  • Jaxx86Jaxx86 Member Posts: 26
    I think the bigger issue is losing the robe models when you duel or multiclass. This problem may have been fixed by BG:EE so I don't really want to assume anything. I just always thought it would have been really cool to walk around in a Robe of the Evil Archmagi while dishing out significant melee damage. When I look at my character I want to see swords (daggers most likely), a hood, and a cape. I mean... I don't mind having my characters look like they're wearing plain clothes while slaughtering hordes of Duergar, but I think they would look much nicer in collared and hooded robes.
    When serious blood letting is needed, you need a cloak...

All those frigs out there that say you need armour have already made an awful bad assumption...

They have assumed that they will be hit...

Be positive... wear a hoodie...
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Well unless they change it in bgee, wearing a hood--or anything in the head slot--will make you immune to criticals.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    This quite frankly should be a toggleable feature as not everyone is going to want to wear a hood all the time. But I would certainly like to have a nice hood on my mage if I wanted too.
    @Grammarsalad I never knew that... Do ioun stones give that protection too, but they just didn't report it to the user? Ooooh! Gonna test it!
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    How about ioun stones showing up on you character mini? That would be awesome!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Anduin said:

@Grammarsalad I never knew that... Do ioun stones give that protection too, but they just didn't report it to the user? Ooooh! Gonna test it!

They do... I believe that they may address this in the next version of item revisions though so we may not need BGEE to do it.