Skip to content

Does anyone knows if i can export one character of IWD 2 to this new BG 2?

Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
Say yes, please!

Comments

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    IWD, IWD2 and PST all use different CRE/character formats than BG1/BG2 so I don't think they can be smoothly converted. Possibly some (yet to be invented) utility could do it, but I think a lot would be "lost in translation."
  • Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
    yeah, i know... but i guess the IWD 2 engine is the most recent and better then the one used in BG 2... =/
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Different rulesets also. So not likely.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And IWD 2 engine had quite a few bugs with 3E rules implementation as well. The fact that improved initiative does not do anything is one of the most famous one.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    What with subraces and the totally different class system, it would be impossible.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    That's impossible i'm afraid, as everyone else said.

IWD2 uses 3rd edition D&D, BG:EE is 2nd edition AD&D, different rulesets, different classes and character creation/advancement system.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Just create a new character based on the concept of the old one; same race, name, stats etc. Would be a lot simpler than whatever it is you're trying now.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    mlnevese said:

And IWD 2 engine had quite a few bugs with 3E rules implementation as well. The fact that improved initiative does not do anything is one of the most famous one.

Huge reason for IWD 2: EE to exist!!!

That and I wouldn't mind IWD in the IWD 2 engine..
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    kilroy_was_here is right, it would be a lot simpler to re-create your character than import him, and if certain things are simply not possible to copy, you can just make as close an approximation to the original as possible
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2012
    I guess it's probably possible for you to re-create your character if you know what your doing and are willing to put the time into it, but I'm guessing that most people can't or won't. For example, I read a post on a different forum a long time ago that some guy managed to import Viconia into one of the Icewind Dale games by copying all her sound files and other bits of identifying information over in some complex way that I didn't fully understand. I could never figure out how to do it, myself, although I found the concept very interesting.